Super Bright Reverse LEDs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been using the halogen reverse bulbs for the last 10+ years, and finally got cought without replacement fuse. I figure there must be an LED alternative and found some in "The Jungle Store". Out with the old in with the new. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SYPMRR8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

PXL_20220315_010506529.jpg

PXL_20220315_010314577.jpg

Left bulb new LED. Right old Halogen.

PXL_20220315_005454318~2.jpg

Last edited:
Right LED. Left incandescent 1156. In aftermarket housing. This car is under manger surgery, don't ask don't need the the heat.
PXL_20220315_010139235.jpg

I've researched and purchased three sets of LED reverse lights over the years. The first set was awful, second set a bit better, and the third set is just ok. In the real world, I just don't think they provide me the expected light output I was looking for or the light is being scattered so badly it's not focused towards the rear. There are newer generations of reverse LED's with large heatsinks that I might eventually try.

I've put warm white LED's throughout the Cruiser, LED corner lights in the ARB, underhood COB LED's, LED bulbs in the Depos, LED puddle lights, and I was even planning on building my own rocklights with COB LED's or LED panels.

These are the brightest lights I've used including the halogen ones everyone was running 10 years ago (that blow fuses on hot days). They do have a projector facing twords the back sorry I didn't get a picture. I've also tried other bulbs with out luck these are impressive!

Added them to the cart maybe the wife will just push everything through.

Tinted the front windows and suddenly they had to be rolled down if I was backing up at night 😆 projector LEDs solved that problem. I also went to the path of just ‘regular’ LEDs that depend on light reflecting off of the housing. No where near as good as a projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom