summer get together - west side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright clan, here is what I have thus far. I'm a bullet list guy because it helps me read through details quickly:

Here is the list stating they will be here:

@dogfishlake - 1
@olive - 2+dog
@westveld
@HiPlainsDrftr
@69LC - 2
@Hornd - 1
@Sweet Water
@ElviMcCoy
@BGMachine
@kbahus
@AllLC
@TCEd - 2
@Gumby
@Jupiter
@prodedvm

Please respond with the following information:

- total number of people in your group, for food planning purposes.
- If you are interested in camping on our property, you are more than welcome to do so, Friday and/or Saturday night.
- If you are camping on our property, please provide information on whether it's a tent/truck/trailer/ox-cart/ricksha, etc., and what night/nights you will be camping.

Please bring the following, if possible:
- Your choice of beverage/mixers. A cooler is probably a good idea, as fridge space here will be limited
- Chairs, if you have them.

Saturday Details:

- If you are camping on our property, you are more than welcome to arrive Friday and set up.
- We will have corn-hole, washers and maybe other lawn games set up.
- We'll have music
- Saturday lunch will be ready around noon. We will provide the following: Pulled pork, rolls, bbq sauce, cole slaw, beans, chips, water, coke, diet coke.
- If you would like something to throw on the grill, such as hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, lamb chops, please feel free to bring it along.
- We have plenty of room for you to bring/shoot guns, including shotguns. If you would like targets, please bring them.

Trail Ride plan (tentative)

- We will leave sometime in the afternoon (maybe around 2).
- We will make stops at some of the local establishments along the way
- Most roads will be dirt/fire roads, seasonal roads, and two tracks
- My current plan is to end at Woody's Bar and Grill, near Bitely. People can eat dinner there if they like, and then head home or camp another night.

If you are coming in Friday, you are more than welcome to come out here and hang out/have a bonfire, even if you are staying elsewhere.

If you are a true adventurer, I will begin smoking the pork shoulder around midnight Friday, while sitting in my barn sipping bourbon. You are more than welcome join me.

The RSVP for # of people needs to be by Wednesday next week, so we can prepare the appropriate amount of food.

Next week, I will send the address to those confirmed/RSVP'd

Please let me know if you have questions or need anything.

stoked

Beware Cruiserparts

Just tried calling the shop up the street from me but they close at 4. They have done nice work for me so far. Probably a miracle but other than needing seals they don't have to order any parts. If I had a used head around and they were on board, they could produce one real quick. Just gotta catch em in a good mood. I will check first thing in the a.m.

Brad Haan has a 78 2f. Not sure if that’s compatible?

did some digging and I am not sure. Found a thread on mud that was clear as mud!

I ended up talking w/ Ed at Classic Cruisers in Colorado. I got a head that will be fluxed, decked, plus valves/seals etc - shipped for $1250. Should be able to just drop it in. Seemed like a nice guy.

Check out the Cummins 6BT Turbo diesels he’s dropping in 80s - Inventory

The FZJ80 is $44K and the LX450 is 60 something.... they get 22 mpg. Badging on the LX is toyota? Anyways, cool builds.

I ended up talking w/ Ed at Classic Cruisers in Colorado. I got a head that will be fluxed, decked, plus valves/seals etc - shipped for $1250. Should be able to just drop it in. Seemed like a nice guy.

Check out the Cummins 6BT Turbo diesels he’s dropping in 80s - Inventory

The FZJ80 is $44K and the LX450 is 60 something.... they get 22 mpg. Badging on the LX is toyota? Anyways, cool builds.

Well cool. That solves that. When is it expected to arrive? By the weekend would be sweet. Should be a chance if he gets it in the road today.

If you are a true adventurer, I will begin smoking the pork shoulder around midnight Friday, while sitting in my barn sipping bourbon. You are more than welcome join me.

This right here makes me want to call in sick for work that weekend. I am 85% sure I will NOT be in attendance. If at the last minute, we can plan to head that way for lunch on Saturday, I'll bring the wife and swing by with our own food so nobody has to plan on us for that.

Have an awesome time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom