summer get together - west side (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is it possible to use a U bolt the go around the frame and clamp it on? That would work well.

That’s what I was thinking. Bolt/clamp around the frame. But having never installed sliders, I wasn’t sure what standard op procedure was.

"POS sliders” !!!!!

You quote re: the kid’s 80 made me think of Wine Castle Hamburgers....... talk about POS sliders.

That’s what I was thinking. Bolt/clamp around the frame. But having never installed sliders, I wasn’t sure what standard op procedure was.

"POS sliders” !!!!!

You quote re: the kid’s 80 made me think of Wine Castle Hamburgers....... talk about POS sliders.

POS sliders indeed! A whole night of beer drinking can't make those taste good!

I would personally make fabbed brackets that can’t crush the frame. Maybe two opposing L-brackets that have an angled bolt tab at the opposing joints? Slotted holes so accuracy isn’t an issue. Gusset the sliders to the outer “L” with the inside one being the clamp.

Last edited:
A4E6BCAD-79F3-4944-884F-8C7BC6EE0B8A.jpeg
Something like this (only had fat sharpie)

The ones I had been making for the 95-97 used square plates for the back and 1/2" bolts above and below the frame. @Ocho77 has some on his LX. It was a tough fit on the passenger front bracket so I made a u-bolt for that one but not sure if he needed to use it. I was thinking U-bolts because iirc White Knuckle uses u-bolts on their sliders and people like them it seems. I gotta admit though Matthew, your bracket idea is pretty sweet. You seem like a guy who has designed Cruiser armor before. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom