summer get together - west side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend! Kate and I had a great time meeting all of you. Wish the weather would have cooperated a little better.

A special thanks to @Gumby (Todd) for making the trip over. Great meeting you and we appreciate you coming over.

Also, thanks to @Hornd for the bourbon. It was great while sitting with the smoker during the night.

We are serious when we say you guys are all welcome, anytime, if you're ever in the area.

Here is folder on google drive where we can upload photos to share. Please let me know if it does not work properly.

Summer Get Together - Google Drive

Had a great time. Next time I have to remember to take more pictures!

Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend! Kate and I had a great time meeting all of you. Wish the weather would have cooperated a little better.

A special thanks to @Gumby (Todd) for making the trip over. Great meeting you and we appreciate you coming over.

Also, thanks to @Hornd for the bourbon. It was great while sitting with the smoker during the night.

We are serious when we say you guys are all welcome, anytime, if you're ever in the area.

Here is folder on google drive where we can upload photos to share. Please let me know if it does not work properly.

Summer Get Together - Google Drive

While you guys were living the Cruiser dream, I was dealing with the invasion of the in-laws.... a few took my boat out to watch the Blue Angels air show in West Bay, then text me saying the battery is dead. I send #1 son down on the jet ski to tow them back only to find out they had somehow disconnected the kill/safety switch at the driver’s seat. Battery fine. Then 2 nephews take jet ski waaaaaay north to Bower’s Harbor. I ask before they leave, “got a full tank?”. “You bet Uncle Tim”. Then they call from Bowers Harbor saying they are out of gas. [tank wasn’t full when they left] so I had to run gas cans north up the shore to find stranded jet ski. Plus #2 daughter had 4 friends from school join us for the weekend with no notice. Nice kids, just running short on bunk space....... I felt like I was running a Hostel.

The whole time I’m running around taking care of the extended family, I kept day-dreaming about 4-wheeling with the gang.

Terribly sorry to have missed.

Thank you @Ocho77 Jonathan and Kate for hosting a very fun weekend and my first introduction to the Cruiser lifestyle. You are so generous and it was much appreciated by my kids and I. What a great crowd of enthusiasts! And a special thank you to my bro Patrick @dogfishlake who let us drive his 80 and is helping me search for my own now. Stay tuned!

If your bro knows of someone who would like to get rid of a red 60, I’m sure a killer deal could be made on a 97 CE for you :)

It was great meeting you and your kids...welcome to the lifestyle!

If your bro knows of someone who would like to get rid of a red 60, I’m sure a killer deal could be made on a 97 CE for you :)

It was great meeting you and your kids...welcome to the lifestyle!

It made it home! Even though it didn't like the heat, and I smashed my front turn signal lens and wiped off the bumper end, she did as promised and made the round trip running.. I gotta give Louise a chance now.

While you guys were living the Cruiser dream, I was dealing with the invasion of the in-laws.... a few took my boat out to watch the Blue Angels air show in West Bay, then text me saying the battery is dead. I send #1 son down on the jet ski to tow them back only to find out they had somehow disconnected the kill/safety switch at the driver’s seat. Battery fine. Then 2 nephews take jet ski waaaaaay north to Bower’s Harbor. I ask before they leave, “got a full tank?”. “You bet Uncle Tim”. Then they call from Bowers Harbor saying they are out of gas. [tank wasn’t full when they left] so I had to run gas cans north up the shore to find stranded jet ski. Plus #2 daughter had 4 friends from school join us for the weekend with no notice. Nice kids, just running short on bunk space....... I felt like I was running a Hostel.

The whole time I’m running around taking care of the extended family, I kept day-dreaming about 4-wheeling with the gang.

I had big plans of trail riding all day Sunday but got the call from my wife that my pickup blew a brake line and was down. Had to leave at 6 sunday morning to get to the fairgrounds to haul the horse home. The 100 did a great job of that. I ran the camper home stopping my truck with the trailer brake controller. It had enough brake for a good emergency stop before it ran out of fluid so it wasn't totally irresponsible.

So I hear ya, when those other things pop up and change your plans.

Next time you gotta make it.

Tim, were talking about doing the same weekend next year. Sorry for all of your troubles! PM me your address and I’ll send your shirt.

Matthew

Since I wimped out driving the FJ40 to this event we ended up on our boat for a few hours in Bowers Harbor ! ed

Thanks to Jonathan and Kate for an awesome time. From the food to the trails they were exceptional hosts, They made everyone feel welcome and the wife even enjoyed the trails(first time for her) I really couldn't have asked for a better group and the I only wish we could do this more often. Thanks again!

A small pic of the group and what may or may not be where @dogfishlake realized his hubs weren't locked:doh:

20180630_170116.jpg

20180630_144810.jpg

I love seeing the pictures - it looks like everyone had a great time. Next year I'm going to make this a priority, that and actually finding a vehicle to join in on the fun with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom