Suggestions on Replacing the Low-beam Headlight Bulbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok - I went with HIRs for both low and high beam from Daniel Stern... put in the right side first but not the left, both low and high and drove for a few days so I could enjoy the difference - BUT - to be totally honest here, I didn't see much difference at ALL... ok, maybe 5-10% brighter - MAYBE - and that is while driving, looking at them on my garage door, staring right into them etc etc... and I did this several times over 3 consecutive nights... I was TOTALY underwhealmed.... but maybe that's because everyone's been saying these HIRs are the bomb, but for me they were a total waste of $100.....

Just my 2 cents

Fish

This has me thinking….I just replaced my bulbs with JD HIR’s. the right side is noticeably dimmer than the drivers side.:hmm:
I’m not sure what is causing this, and am wondering if it’s not getting the full amount of voltage.
I’ll pop in my old working JD HIR and see if it helps.
If it’s the bulb maybe this is why some people are only seeing a marginal difference.
I can take a picture of the difference it’s huge.
My first set was very nice, and the drivers’ side seems to be brighter than my first set? (Not sure.)
Do these bulbs loose there brightness over a period of time? Not sure if swapping my old HIR will be a good test or not.
~D

Where could you source the plugs?

I'm not sure, I was wondering if any cars used HIR bulbs from the factory? Then go to U-Pull it and look.
~D

I have the HIRs and love em. Occasionally oncoming cars will flash me thinking I have the high beams on.
There is someone who sells them on ebay. I got a good price and fast delivery.
In my chevy truck I had both high beam sylvania silverstars fail within minutes of each other.

You running HIRs on your Chevy truck? What year is it? I need a source for the high beam connector to adapt to my low beam wires.
~D

My 01 Chey truck- I run HIR in low beam, Plan to install in high as well. Best is to replace the wiring, install HIR, and a unit that allows high beam without shutting off the lows. Nice improvement with little $.
email to greenbizco@yahoo.com and I will send details and suppliers. May be limited by year and model.

My 01 Chey truck- I run HIR in low beam, Plan to install in high as well. Best is to replace the wiring, install HIR, and a unit that allows high beam without shutting off the lows. Nice improvement with little $.
email to greenbizco@yahoo.com and I will send details and suppliers. May be limited by year and model.

IIRC the Low beams don't cut out when the Highs are on. I'm wanting to run the Highs in the lows slot, and need some info on the socket differences. I'll go looking at Upull it and see what I can find.
~DMX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom