Suggestions on radiator hose sealing substance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a few hoses that simply refuse to stay sealed up - 2 on the 93 and 2 on the 97. I've messed with them a bit and and tired of screwing around. They ooze a bit of pink foamy stuff which is what the Toyota Red looks like when it dries. On the 97, one of the large aluminum block fittings was slightly eroded due to the original hoses allowing constant seep before I swapped them all out for new.

Anyone know of an appropriate sealant I could pull the offending hoses off, smear on them and reseat?? Obviously it should not attack rubber. Not sure if silicone sealant qualifies on that score. Is there an industry product for this?

Thanks.

DougM

Have you tried

Permatex FORM-A-SEAL Leak Repair 5 oz. aerosol

Works great when I get leaks

Teflon? Constant hose clamp instead of the OEM spring type? New hoses? I have pink crystal on the hoses' ends as well.

Frank.

I would be tempted to try silicone grease, on things like this often a lubricated hose can find is own good spot where a dry one cannot (experience here is non automotive) silicone grease is generally safe on rubber but I have not tried it in this application so YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom