Suggestion PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My air filter canister is starting to slightly rust. I was thinking about taking it out and paiting it (top)red and keeping bottom black...what type of paint should I use??? Has anyone done so...pics? Suggestion PLEASE!

I would think a Rustoleum "high heat" just to be on the safe side would work well. Prepping is the key though.

Thats what I would do.

You could go fancy and have some powdercoat it :grinpimp:

I am thinking FLAMES! :D

any old spraypaint will work fine. Get a matching (same brand) primer. Prep and paint like you would any other item. Around here Plastikote paint is the easiest to get.

I"d paint it with whatever you have lying around. I can't imagine oyu;d need something special. I painted my fj60 one with some cheap ass paint and it is fine.

It doesn't come in red, but POR-15 is an excellent rust catalyst paint for things like this.

The benefit is once you have the loose scale rust knocked off, you're done prepping.

I've only seen it in non-spray cans & only in black or silver (never searched if further as I'm fine with what I have) - but it's the most durable paint I've found for rusty metal.

POR15, Inc. - Stop Rust Permanently - Repair Gas & Fuel Tanks

Duplicolor Red Engine Enamel

I used it on my valve covers and it has held up great and looks nice.
P1030814.jpg

Have it ceramic coated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom