Suggestion for FAQ - Common Torque Values (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found the torque specs for the intake manifold to head:

Page 3-20 of the 2F Engine manual: "Tighten eack manifold bolt and nut a little at a time to the specified torque in the sequence shown in the figure."

Tightening torque: (29-36 ft-lb) (3.9-5.1 kg-m). I'm hoping 2mbb will be along soon to post a picture of the page so you all can see the sequence.

I still can't find any specs for the EGR J-tube flange. Or anything else related to the exhaust, for that matter.

Bumping old thread.

Anyone have the torque sequence and values for the five bolts that hold the intake man to the exhaust man? NOT the entire manifold to head, which is clearly stated above. Searching has led to nothing definitive.

Bumping old thread.

Anyone have the torque sequence and values for the five bolts that hold the intake man to the exhaust man? NOT the entire manifold to head, which is clearly stated above. Searching has led to nothing definitive.

There isn't one from Toyota- it really isn't a serviceable part for them. If it needs repair, the Toyota service manual just says to replace it. I just torqued mine in an alternating pattern good and tight. Be careful not to over-torque and strip the threads, though.

Shock - Upper - 19 ft-lbs
Shock - Lower - 70 ft-lbs

Shock – Upper – 47 ft-lbs
Shock – Lower – 27 ft-lbs

I am replacing my shocks today. Now I am confused. Shocks are listed twice with conflicting values. Please share appropriate torque settings for front/rear shocks.

I also am confused about torque settings for lug nuts on an all-alloy wheel. Any help there would be great. If I have re-hashed an old topic, please forgive. I did look and some of those old posts just seem to go round and round.
Thanks, ~ B

Last edited:
I am replacing my shocks today. Now I am confused. Shocks are listed twice with conflicting values. Please share appropriate torque settings for front/rear shocks.

I also am confused about torque settings for lug nuts on an all-alloy wheel. Any help there would be great. If I have re-hashed an old topic, please forgive. I did look and some of those old posts just seem to go round and round.
Thanks, ~ B

The top set of values are for the front axle, the bottom set of values are for the rear axle. The torque settings are different since the shocks front and rear are different styles.

Thanks

The top set of values are for the front axle, the bottom set of values are for the rear axle. The torque settings are different since the shocks front and rear are different styles.

I appreciate the education.:popcorn:

Its not in either Haynes nor the 2f engine manual. Use good judgment.

Anyone know the torque values for the fuel pump? I could not find it in the fsm. thanks!

More bolts than not, can not be reached with a torque wrench on the cruiser. Bolt torque values are a guide. You don't HAVE to use a torque wrench. With a little practice, you can get to know the feel of 9 ft-lbs (kinda wrist tight), 12 ft-lbs (wrist tight), 18 ft-lbs (max wrist tight).

Unmarked generic M8X1.25 bolts, like the fuel pump mounting bolts and all the zillons of other M8s on the cruiser shouldn't be tightened more than wrist tight (9 ft-lbs)

Attachments

• bolt torque.pdf
    108.7 KB · Views: 212
I just tried to remember how tight it was when i got it off as a safe starting point. I appreciate everyone's guidance!

Does anyone know the torque value for the lower thermostat housing to block is ? Im guessing in between the upper thermostat housing rat at 13 lbs and the water pump housing at 27.
I did it at 18 ...any help?

When in doubt (when screwing a bolt into steel), use the recommended torque range for that bolt as detailed in the back of the FSM.

Looking for torque values for front driver/passenger seatbelt anchor points? Have not found a reference in FSMs, but may have missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom