Stupid mistakes/name that part! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright guys, I need your sage-like wisdom.

I'm mid-rebuild (well, actually about to throw the 2f back in my 60), and of course I have a small pile of parts and I cannot for the life of me remember what they are or where they go. So, I'm attaching a few pics in hopes that someone can identify them.

Thanks in advance!

-JD
fj60_1.jpg
fj60_2.jpg

I don't know the name but I know that it mounts on the drivers side fender. The big black hoses on the top first picture hook into the engine exhaust system. I haven't had to work on that part of the truck so that's all I got.

Do you have an FSM?

Top pic is the ABV or air bypass valve and vsv conglomerate.

Bottom pic is one of the coolest parts in all emmisions land, the spaghetti vacuum line manifold.:hillbilly:

C'mon seriously that is a neat old school design.

I second throwing away almost all of that stuff unless you need to pass a smog test. Some of the sensors on the right side of the smog stuff are the choke opener sensor, the AC idle up sensor, etc. Get an emissions manual and sort all of that stuff out.

Those are smog and emissions parts, chuck them!

If you are going to toss them, I will take them.

:beer:

Don't throw it out

If you are located where you do not have to be smog compliant, you don't need that stuff. Having said that, don't throw it out. Put it in a cardboard box and set in your crawlspace or somewhere. You may need it some day... Or, sell it for money to buy a idler pulley to replace your air pump.

If your truck is registered in Boulder, you WILL need those things installed and functional.

If your truck is registered in Boulder, you WILL need those things installed and functional.

Well it looks like you have to hook all that stuff back up. In that case, get yourself an emissions manual, because if you don't, then you won't have a chance in hell of hooking up all those vacuum lines correctly.

If it turns out that you don't need the stuff for some reason, don't throw it away. Save it and someone else will want it.

Alright, good to know. I'm up to my neck in engine parts, and it didn't even occur to me that those parts didn't bolt to the engine somewhere.

Where I am now, I can't desmog (though I have toyed with the idea). HOWEVER--I'm about 6-weeks away from a move to the east coast, and could potentially register in New Hampshire or New York--anyone know the emissions laws out there?

Thanks for the help!

Seems to me that East Coast will be MORE restrictive than even the enlightened universe of Boulder.

Depends on where he's going to be. Where in NY? Upstate?

I didn't know what those did...so I took them out and put them in a box in the garage a couple days ago. :D

JohnnyDoyle...

I'm moving to NYC in less than two weeks from Kansas where nobody cares what you do. I just desmogged two days ago on my 84, and in NYC, 26 years is the magic age of smog exemption. So, I'll have to stay registered in KS for another year. :meh:

Or possibly in another part of NY, i.e. Rochester, where the rules are different.

Or possibly in another part of NY, i.e. Rochester, where the rules are different.

Booyah. Upstate NY = no emissions for 60 series cruisers.

larimer county has no laws on emissions or any thing from the looks of it...

I live in Larimer and love that I was able tear all that stuff out. I drive the 60 to boulder about once a week and love it when i drive thru those silly sniffer stations and know that i set off alarms!

I bought a vortec that I am building for the inevitable day that I will need to have smog stuff, but until then, Long live the desmoged 2F!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom