Stuck in Low Tranny Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So about a year ago I dropped the pan cleaned the screen and gave the tranny a good servicing. I've had no problems with it since I bought it almost 3 years ago. Today driving home from work out of nowhere it was stuck in first. I limped it into the nearest parking lot at 15mph and 3600rpms.:censor: Popped the hood and it hit me, I disconnected the kick down and throttle cable this weekend when I cleaned my throttle body up. I thought maybe the kickdown was off but it was fine. Fluid level was fine but it did have the aroma of gear oil. When I changed my Tcase fluid I thought it looked a little red. Then I started it back up, shifted through the gears put it in drive and it was back to normal! So my question is if that seal between the Tcase and Tranny is gone would the gear oil do enough damage to temporarily lock up my trans? And if so am I too late to change it and stop the damage............and last one, as a newb that has done a handful of work on it (knuckle rebuild, and some other minor work) I have access to a shop with a lift and an arsenal of tools, can I change that seal out myself with a little help? Sorry for the novel any help you guys can give is always appreciated. 178k on the tranny.

I had similar case after pulling and replacing the valve body. Thought that was the problem. Turns out the throttle cable was frayed and impeding movement. The end at the throttle, not in the tranny.

Check the TV cable going to the transmission, mine occasionally gets stuck out, which will cause exactly what you describe.

I can usually get it unstuck by simply pulling on the cable a bit, or going underneath and shaking the cable sheath by the transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom