Stuck elec connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a truck to get a connector un-stuck? The radiator fan died and I can’t get this stupid connector to separate.

9E4677E5-31F9-4F61-B5BD-AEF6653B9526.jpeg

Bent the locking tabs back carefully so they wouldn’t break, thought the two would just slide apart after that…..not so much.

Just by looking at your picture of the plug and the wires, it appears that the connector got hot and possibly melted inside. ( red circle )
If that's the case you would need a new connector to install a new fan.

9E4677E5-31F9-4F61-B5BD-AEF6653B9526.jpeg

Think I’ll just cut it at the end of the red, yellow, & black then re-splice it. Tor left a decent amount of extra wire back when the swap was done.

Just cut it off. The connector was just fused together. Have a new fan coming tomorrow....just going to crimp the wires together and be done with it....at least it'll be an easy fix.

Ok, so it "kind of worked....which means not really. The fan will only turn on when I turn the ac on in the cruiser. Here's how I connected it. @torfab (if they'll continue to humor me and answer my stupid questions).

From the LC from Fan
Yellow wire (connected to 12v relay) Red/brown wire

Red wire Yellow/brown wire

Black Black

I wish i could have just found the male connector to match the one that came on the fan (I obv suck at electric). but how I wired it seemed to make sense based on the original connector. Only other thing I can think is the yellow and red from the cruiser and the yellow and read from the fan should all be connected together (based on the gauge of the yellow wire from the cruiser I'm pretty sure the answer isn't just flipping the connections of the yellow and red to the fan.

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom