Stuck ac register (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any tips on how to fix a frozen a.c. register on the outermost dash vent. I've soaked the part overnight in rust remover but without any success. The 'close' twist knob only moves slightly.

83833FEF-5806-4720-9A71-56EC134B8D3D.jpeg

Pb blaster may melt the plastic.

Got the same problem in the same register and don’t want to repeat what happened to you. Any tips or did you figure out what was stuck? If I understood what part was stuck I could maybe fix it but I can’t tell where to apply force or lube

Got the same problem

The vent ball can be pulled out through its cage. Lube up the outside of the rotating vent ball with soap so everything is slippery - then wiggle it out. It takes some persuasion.
Then it’s easy to work on the flap turning mechanism with the ball out.

I did get it out and started working on the mechanism. I found that the flaps were basically rusted and adhered to the pin holding them in place. broke it trying to loosen the flaps. now its just an air flow director... story of my fj62 resto...

I did get it out and started working on the mechanism. I found that the flaps were basically rusted and adhered to the pin holding them in place. broke it trying to loosen the flaps. now its just an air flow director... story of my fj62 resto...
Sorry to hear. Hopefully you can find a replacement.

what is the trick to removing the vent from the dash in the first place? I too have a stuck vent that my wife would LOVE if it worked...so she can close it, lol. :)

Turn CC 90 degrees and pull out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom