Strange Clicking sound behind GloveBox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
AC blows cold as Ice. My problem is depending on what temp I have it at it will pulsate(blow harder or softer). This happens on all settings. This is accompanied by a strange clicking sound from the glovebox area. I have found out that when I put it on Max Cold the clicking sound will go away. If I have it set on say 67 or 68 I can hear clicking on all settings, Low through High. I havent found much yet from searching. Ac will blow on medium at the correct speed, then you hear a click from the glovebox area and the medium speed will basically turn to low. Anyone had something like this? There are many things I dig about my truck and a few things that are Irritating. I just keep telling myself its 15 years old and things get old and worn out.

Can you head the fan speed change or just feel the air volume decrease? If the latter, it could be the air mix door actuators.

On Max Cold all of the automation is turned off and the system is making no attempt to modulate the air mix.

Can you head the fan speed change or just feel the air volume decrease? If the latter, it could be the air mix door actuators.

On Max Cold all of the automation is turned off and the system is making no attempt to modulate the air mix.
I would say I hear the Click and the air volume will decrease. Then it will come back, then go down again. I have it on 72 right now and drove into town for lunch and no clicking. As long as there is no click and I have AC i will be happy. I just dont know if this is a sign of something bad to come or just a quirk.

I would say I hear the Click and the air volume will decrease. Then it will come back, then go down again. I have it on 72 right now and drove into town for lunch and no clicking. As long as there is no click and I have AC i will be happy. I just dont know if this is a sign of something bad to come or just a quirk.

That you don't hear the fan motor speed change and that it works fine on Max Cold indicates to me that it's probably an air mix door that's not moving correctly; either the actuator is broken or the control source is wonky.

One thing you may want to try is to clean out the cabin air temp sensor and make sure the suction tube is attached. It's located behind the slots in front of the driver's right knee. If the hose comes off or if there is dust covering the sensor you will disrupt the system automation. Max Cold ignores this sensor.

That you don't hear the fan motor speed change and that it works fine on Max Cold indicates to me that it's probably an air mix door that's not moving correctly; either the actuator is broken or the control source is wonky.

One thing you may want to try is to clean out the cabin air temp sensor and make sure the suction tube is attached. It's located behind the slots in front of the driver's right knee. If the hose comes off or if there is dust covering the sensor you will disrupt the system automation. Max Cold ignores this sensor.
I will give this a shot this weekend as well. Thanks.

Thought I would follow up here, i took OregonLC's advice and checked my cabin air temp sensor. I shined my light through the slots first to see if anything was in there. To my surprise the sensor was dirty with a lot of lint. I took cotton swabs and cleaned everything up.

20171005_173418.jpg

20171005_173435.jpg

20171005_174247.jpg

Wow, that was dirty. Did cleaning it help at all? What did you clean it with?

Yeah I was amazed how dirty it was too considering how clean my rig is. I just used cotton swabs, gently sweeping, with compressed air blowing it out. Also you need to clean the inside of the corrugated tube, it had a bunch of lint as well. Cleaning it helped yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom