stolen red / restored 1986 fj60 tulsa OK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My money is on the thief being the new guy at the shop, unless you find them 100% trustworthy than sorry to offend.

Every one of us was the "new guy" at a shop or at a job once.

I wonder how many times I was a suspect. :rolleyes:

I don't live nearby, but I'll keep my eye out for it in these parts and on CL and eBay. Hope you get it back soon.

Every one of us was the "new guy" at a shop or at a job once.

I wonder how many times I was a suspect. :rolleyes:

I don't live nearby, but I'll keep my eye out for it in these parts and on CL and eBay. Hope you get it back soon.

dont get your butt all hurt. It happens all the time in shops. My 100 was in the repair shop for an insurance claim and i had just put a Nav system in it. The day after i dropped it off the window was broken out of it and the Nav stolen. The shop paid for a new one, but later found out it was one of their own workers that stole it.

it happens

dont get your butt all hurt. It happens all the time in shops. My 100 was in the repair shop for an insurance claim and i had just put a Nav system in it. The day after i dropped it off the window was broken out of it and the Nav stolen. The shop paid for a new one, but later found out it was one of their own workers that stole it.

it happens

Don't worry, butt not hurt. :)

There are bad apples everywhere. I used to live in the city of Chicago, and all my s*** got broken into at one time or another. None of it was in a shop prior to...

We as a group on here should be better than that and not jump to conclusions about people.

Still on the look out

Thanks for looking out. I still can't believe we haven't caught the rat bastards yet. I really appreciate you keeping your eyes peeled for Big Red. Remember to immediatly call the police if sighted. Then do what comes natural.

Good looking out Coweta!

Last edited:
No cruiser yet. Heard stories of thieves stealing cars and swapping the tires. Then dumping them. North Tulsa. If you are off roadin in the area keep your eyes open

Any news on your missing Cruiser?? A truly sad thing to happen. Hate to ask but did you have it insured for theft?? You know those Classic Landcruisers are collectors items and should always have one of those "Identical Replacement" clauses. I'd value that(for insurance purposes) at about 10K. Even a good payoff won't heal the wound entirely. Maybe the thief is in some empty warehouse somewhere DEAD under your Rig 'cuz he didn't block it up before he got underneath to part it out!! There, does that help a little? ;) By now he'd be one giant maggot-infested heap of bones! Does that help some more? ;p

Big Red Found!

I got my cruiser back :) Thank you for all of your support! Good cop in Sand Springs pulled him over for a traffic stop and the dude made an attempt to run for it. Got up to 90 miles an hour on the freeway and nearly hit 2 cars. It was high winds that day too (Gusts up to 30 mph). Scary ride for that dirt bag.

He is still in jail now. Has numerous violations from my cop friend (seat belt, possesion of stolen goods, felony of flight, etc..) They gave him every violation they could think of. Including littering!

The dude also had numerous warrants from other counties. Was released from jail in October of last year for vehicle theft. Released from a neighboring town for posesion of a stolen vehicle and larceny in Feburary. I think they are going to make the current charges stick this time.

Thanks again for your support. Love to be a member of the cruiser club again!

Now that is wat I call good news.

Maybe it's Kill switch time now?;)

More like a kill-felon

I got my cruiser back :) . Got up to 90 miles an hour on the freeway and nearly hit 2 cars. It was high winds that day too (Gusts up to 30 mph). Scary ride for that dirt bag.

Thanks again for your support. Love to be a member of the cruiser club again!

He must have had the tail wind of 30mph to get her to 90!!:lol:

Glad to see you got her back.....any damage or parts missing?

Apart from being overjoyed that you got your baby back... my first reaction was "90mph? That's not restored, that's turbo-charged!"

All joking aside, that's awesome man.

Great news!

Glad you got it back.

I have gotten my 60 close to 90mph before. Just need a good reason to do it.

This is the feel good story of the day! I am glad you got your rig back...

You cannot do anything about thieves..but what you can do is prevent them from stealing your truck next time!

A ounce of prevention is a pound of cure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom