Stolen FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*** STOLEN 1989 FJ62 ***
I live in Portland, OR and had my beloved cruiser stolen from right in front of my house. I will add some pictures but just wanted people on here to be Informed and spread the word. More eyes will only help. I recently had the engine rebuilt, I already converted it to a 350 tbi with 700r4 tranny, and so I have invested considerable $$. I am concerned a repair shop employee might have copied a key and then given it to an unsavory person who would steal someone’s truck in the dead of night.
Anyways, just wanted to get it into the forum so people can keep an eye for the truck or for parts that might be sold from it. If anyone in Portland, OR sees or has info regarding it, please reach out to me on my cell (415-828-0654)

jason

10F66BCB-1583-4F58-B6EE-9DF63AE99BD0.png

D4ECF54E-BDD5-4490-ABE5-54D2F1D7F629.png

791FBC68-50B5-4B02-A62E-672918E3E441.jpeg

E9CF3FF2-B568-44E8-9B45-D566DF1C0C18.png

This is an on going thing in your area and so far everyone jas gotten there landcruiser back. Tweakers go hunting for where tweakers tweak. More people will chime in on the area's to look. Good luck man

my gawd...whats goin on in Oregon???

I'll keep a watch for it if it makes it to the Los Angeles area. Just saw this; AirTag - https://www.apple.com/airtag/, in another post. I'll be hiding one of these Tags in my LC, just in case.
First of all, I'm really bummed for the OP who had his car stolen. I'm looking for protection for my vehicle too, but the Air Tag seems to have a fatal flaw for the wise car thief: If he also has an Air Tag, then your Air Tag separated from you in the vehicle will notify him and make a sound. Better if it had a mode to just keep quiet until you or the police find your truck. Does anyone know if that can be changed in Settings?
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 6.03.18 PM.png

Dang that stinks!! Where in PDX was it taken? A lot of the recent ones have been found in NE near Lombard and Columbia Blvd. Also check 33rd between Marine Drive and Columbia Blvd.

Sorry again to high-jack this thread since what matters is the return of this stolen car to the OP.

That said, I believe I will purchase an Air Tag for my car and want to thank @MTB Land Cruise for the info. I've read through the Apple Forums and this device does provide some immediate tracking capability in the case of a stolen car.

1. If the thief happens to have an iphone, it appears the Air Tag will send them a notice that indicates a tag is nearby and that they are being tracked. If that notice happens quickly after the theft (most likely), and the Air Tag is well hidden, then I can see why the truck might simply be abandoned. If it happens after hours have passed (possible), then that could be quite a surprise for the thief or chop shop, especially if it marks their location.

2. 3 days pass before an audible alert is made. Apparently, there is no audible alert earlier than that even if you have an iPhone? That's more than enough time for most owners to notice that their truck has been stolen and to begin tracking. That would be the case if the thief did not have an iPhone.

Nothing is perfect, but this seems to be an inexpensive option that will provide some measure of real protection.

*** STOLEN 1989 FJ62 ***
I live in Portland, OR and had my beloved cruiser stolen from right in front of my house. I will add some pictures but just wanted people on here to be Informed and spread the word. More eyes will only help. I recently had the engine rebuilt, I already converted it to a 350 tbi with 700r4 tranny, and so I have invested considerable $$. I am concerned a repair shop employee might have copied a key and then given it to an unsavory person who would steal someone’s truck in the dead of night.
Anyways, just wanted to get it into the forum so people can keep an eye for the truck or for parts that might be sold from it. If anyone in Portland, OR sees or has info regarding it, please reach out to me on my cell (415-828-0654)

jason
Gosh, man, I am absolutely bummed for you. Not in your neck of the woods, but feeling your pain. I hope that your get your '62 back.

First of all, I'm really bummed for the OP who had his car stolen. I'm looking for protection for my vehicle too, but the Air Tag seems to have a fatal flaw for the wise car thief: If he also has an Air Tag, then your Air Tag separated from you in the vehicle will notify him and make a sound. Better if it had a mode to just keep quiet until you or the police find your truck. Does anyone know if that can be changed in Settings?View attachment 2664541
unless the perp has a galaxy10 then he's bound to be tracked down like the PAB that he is! ;)

Sorry again to high-jack this thread since what matters is the return of this stolen car to the OP.

That said, I believe I will purchase an Air Tag for my car and want to thank @MTB Land Cruise for the info. I've read through the Apple Forums and this device does provide some immediate tracking capability in the case of a stolen car.

1. If the thief happens to have an iphone, it appears the Air Tag will send them a notice that indicates a tag is nearby and that they are being tracked. If that notice happens quickly after the theft (most likely), and the Air Tag is well hidden, then I can see why the truck might simply be abandoned. If it happens after hours have passed (possible), then that could be quite a surprise for the thief or chop shop, especially if it marks their location.

2. 3 days pass before an audible alert is made. Apparently, there is no audible alert earlier than that even if you have an iPhone? That's more than enough time for most owners to notice that their truck has been stolen and to begin tracking. That would be the case if the thief did not have an iPhone.

Nothing is perfect, but this seems to be an inexpensive option that will provide some measure of real protection.
From what I understand, the AirTag will only notify someone that it is traveling with them if the AirTag owner is not present and they reach wherever they have designated "home" is on their iPhone. This is to prevent hundreds of these notifications happening on trains, buses, planes, etc. if for some reason an AirTag owner walks away from their bag temporarily to use the restroom or something. The chance of a thief having designated a home location on their phone (I don't think I've even done this on my iPhone), plus the chances of them taking the vehicle straight home before you can track it anywhere, makes me feel a bit better about trying to use these for some extra security on the vehicles. I really wanted these to work, so I've been trying to do a bit of research on them and this is the conclusion I've come up with based on the reviews out there so far, but things could change as well so YMMV.

Been there before with the stolen rig. Keep hope alive. I got mine back. I'll keep my eyes pealed in the Inland Empire of southern California.

Dang that stinks!! Where in PDX was it taken? A lot of the recent ones have been found in NE near Lombard and Columbia Blvd. Also check 33rd between Marine Drive and Columbia Blvd.
It was stolen from West Moreland. Crime isn’t usually high here. I am thinking someone copied a key attheshop I was having work done at and then passé that on to someone? Sad to think about. thanks for the spots to check out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom