stolen cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

all I got..

DSC_0028.jpg

Being a gasser a simple and inexpensive theft deterrant is a hidden interupter switch in the ignition circuit - so even if they hot wire it under the dash - it will not start.

Being a gasser a simple and inexpensive theft deterrant is a hidden interupter switch in the ignition circuit - so even if they hot wire it under the dash - it will not start.

I am told you can do the same to a diesel ...

Last edited:
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but as someone with a kill switch in my rig I like to keep the technical discussions about how to set them up/where to put the switch etc. to a minimum on forums. Never know who might be watching. If anyone wants info on wiring one in a diesel 80, you can PM me and if you're known to me we can talk details. Others on the forum would be well able to help with this as well.

Any word on the missing truck?

Yep - technical info to private members board

hi guys... no word yet... took a bit to find some pics, i dont seem to have very many, but lot of pics from the front seat with the edge of the hood in them, or video of others trucks...

the maple leaf is not on the hood any more.

fingers cross, i am still holding out hope.

scott

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

I'd reach out to members in Squamish to keep an eye out..

At this point you might be better off hoping you never see it again. Still keeping my eyes open though.

A rig with a huge maple leaf on the bonnet should not be hard to miss. I'll keep my eyes open as well.

Regarding the kill switch, I have plans for an amazing one that doesn't look hard to make at all. I never knew people would steal our Cruisers...after all, they don't go fast, are not as pimped out as many heaps and generally are beautiful in the eyes of the beholder only. ]

I might have to think about installing the kill switch myself!

Ill keep my eyes open I will be all over the lower mainland tomorrow, dont want to sound like a racist but have you looked down off of W Esplanade ? and those streets in and around there ?

Regarding the kill switch, I have plans for an amazing one that doesn't look hard to make at all. I never knew people would steal our Cruisers...after all, they don't go fast, are not as pimped out as many heaps and generally are beautiful in the eyes of the beholder only.

I recall about 13+ years ago there was a rash of Cruiser thefts in the Lower Mainland. It got really bad/scary for a while there.

I recall about 13+ years ago there was a rash of Cruiser thefts in the Lower Mainland. It got really bad/scary for a while there.

That was some of my first few meetings with the CC (forcing me to hook up a hidden switch) and I remember the Cruiser Super heros of Steve and the late Brad ganging up somehow and following a known stolen cruiser then Steve jumping on this crack head and holding him down as he was making a run for it on foot until the cops showed up? Maybe Tetu needs to ring in here to give the full story?:hillbilly:

That was some of my first few meetings with the CC (forcing me to hook up a hidden switch) and I remember the Cruiser Super heros of Steve and the late Brad ganging up somehow and following a known stolen cruiser then Steve jumping on this crack head and holding him down as he was making a run for it on foot until the cops showed up? Maybe Tetu needs to ring in here to give the full story?:hillbilly:

Yep!
Steve's old and feeble now, so it's up to the next generation of CCs to step up and deliver the asswhoopin' the latest Cruiser thieves are begging for. :lol:

Ill keep my eyes open I will be all over the lower mainland tomorrow, dont want to sound like a racist but have you looked down off of W Esplanade ? and those streets in and around there ?

Hey that's where I live. :flipoff2:

Pull out your fuel pump relay. No extra switches needed:)

A bit inconvenient to do every time you park, and the time you don't is when it goes missing.

Oh yeah, and I don't have one of those on my truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom