Stock Vs Ome Shock And Spring Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m considering replacing the springs and shocks with OEM specifications. I have 120k on the clock and want to know what the conventional wisdom is regarding the life of the LC shocks and springs. I have a new set of Michelins and would like the ride to be a little more comfortable for my newborn.

I honestly don’t know if it is necessary to replace shocks/springs since the stance on the vehicle is very nice [no leaning or sagging]. I don’t experience any swaying or excessive bouncing.

I have searched and believe OEM will keep the babies happy and peaceful. Or will an OME application of 861/862 springs make handling improved?

Which is better? OME spring/shock application or OEM? Remember, I am taking my 5 month old with me to the sitter every day.

I've read that Edelbrocks are superior but don't last very long. I also read that the company no longer manufacts shocks for the 80. Bilsteins are stiffer. Rancho's and their adjustable valving might be much for someone not hauling anything or carrying heavy loads.

Let the flaming begin!

I don't know, but my baby loves to get jostled around a bit when riding in the vehicle, when I come to a stop, he'll scream 'cuz he'd rather be getting moved around a bit. That means you better get the Slee 6 inch lift :D

firetruck41 said:
I don't know, but my baby loves to get jostled around a bit when riding in the vehicle, when I come to a stop, he'll scream 'cuz he'd rather be getting moved around a bit. That means you better get the Slee 6 inch lift :D

If I get the lift I will not be able to park in any downtown garages in Chicago.

Tools R Us said:
Buy new OEM shocks from CDan and call it good.

Are you suggesting don't waist money on spring replacment with 120k on the clock?

collector_edi said:
Are you suggesting don't waist money on spring replacment with 120k on the clock?

Yes, the coils are very durable and you said they aren't sagged, I doubt you will see any measurable improvement if you replace them. The stock shocks are good shocks, but probably have some wear with 120K and you may see some improvement by replacing them. IIRC they are about $100 a set from CDan.

OMEs will not make the ride more comfortable for your child, the ride will be stiffer vs. stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom