Stock Style Shocks front and rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
New Stock Style Shocks front and rear needed.
Well its time to focus on replacing the stock front and rear shocks on my 1982 FJ45 with some gas type, so I was thinking maybe I should ask what shocks that are close to stock (no lift) have some of you FJ45 owners found that work well.
Now I have researcher just a bit as in "shocks for 1982 Toyota FJ45" and typically I get most information for the FJ40., not happy the way some of the search engines read.
Appropriate some feed back on some good shock for my 45, 82 model.

Cheers guys

Bump anyone ???

I am happy with the OME shocks that came with my kit. But it’s not stock height. I hope this helps.

I've used ome, bds, rancho , others, I really like the bilsteins, measure compressed and extended lengths , find some 5125's that meet length, eye diameter and valving. I think 255/170 but do some research. I'd have to crawl under my truck and look at the pn to figure out what valving I have. Georg is a vendor I believe, but you still need extended and compressed lengths to buy the correct shocks.

Front- extended was around 19.25", compressed was around 11.50"
Rear -compressed 13.75", and extended was around 22.35"
16mm on the eye mounts.

I did jack the truck up as high as possible to extend the shocks while still attached to the leaf springs and added about 1-2" inches to the total extended numbers for a safety margin.
Seems as very few company's post the specs mostly just the type of car or truck they fit. Of course the Toyota FJ45 is usually not listed anywhere but the FJ40 is .

Bilstein was one I did not think of my wife Beetle has a set of struts and shocks from them and are very nice for the ride.
I want the large piston as I do a small amount of crawling at time in some confined areas and when that wheel drops as it has I like the extra valving of the Hydrophilic without blowing out a shock seal.
I will look into the Bilisten's 5125's.
Thanks guys
Oh yeah still working that radiator problem Erik :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom