Stock NA lc200 fender height vs AHC int’l lc200 fender height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read that the international land cruiser 200’s come with a coil spacer that lifts the front slightly over what is available in the United States. So the coil spacer is sort of oem…and a lot of people here in the states add that oem spacer.

Does anyone know if the front suspensions of the international land cruisers equipped with AHC come, similarly, equipped with a coil spacer and “lift” for the front?

Or do the international AHC equipped vehicles have a similar rake to the United States ones?

I'd want to see actual confirmation from people in those markets that the part came on those vehicles.

My reason for that is the part number comes up on US diagrams as being included on the non-AHC 200s already, but wasn't actually there from the factory. Diagrams show the same thing for lots of other 200s throughout the world, but I don't trust that as being concrete evidence.

Also interesting is that the spacer is shown on diagrams in JDM AHC equipped LXs, but not US ones. Whether or not it's actually there.. see above.

2021 LC200 VX-R with AHC, GCC spec here.

No front coil spacer. Still has a front rake like the standard cruiser (GX-R model). Even if I install the spacer, AHC would drop down to the standard rake unless you do one of the height mods.

I believe the lower trims (GX), which are geared more towards off-roading, came with a spacer depending on the dealer spec. As we have quite a bit of differences dealer to dealer even for the same model trims (including things like factory winch, front lift, rear tire carrier, rear diff-lock...etc.)

Edit: pic for reference

PXL_20201213_083704537.jpg

No front coil spacer. Still has a front rake like the standard cruiser (GX-R model). Even if I install the spacer, AHC would drop down to the standard rake unless you do one of the height mods.

I believe the lower trims (GX), which are geared more towards off-roading, came with a spacer depending on the dealer spec. As we have quite a bit of differences dealer to dealer even for the same model trims (including things like factory winch, front lift, rear tire carrier, rear diff-lock...etc.)

Edit: pic for reference

View attachment 2905932
Very good.

Would you mind measuring from the ground to the fender above the front tire…as well as from the ground to the center of the hub?

Although potentially unlikely, it may be the case Toyota puts an ahc lift on the front of their international ahc equipped vehicles (as well as the lc200’s without ahc).

It wouldn’t surprise me if the USA has more raked vehicles than the rest of the world for emissions/aerodynamic reasons…it does seem the United States land cruisers are recommended to use different motor oil than the rest of the world for emissions reasons.

The center of the front fender above my front tire is 35” (88.9cm) off the ground (2011 lx570 with AHC, us spec) in normal height.

I’m running 275 60 r20 tires that, in practice, actually are only 31.5” tall (measuring from the ground to the center of the hub, then doubling.

The spacer would increase possible down travel by about 20mm so even if it doesn’t impact ride height there could be a benefit off-road.

The spacer would increase possible down travel by about 20mm so even if it doesn’t impact ride height there could be a benefit off-road.
Yes I intend to go that route at some point. Truck has only ~20k miles with warranty and a family daily driver for now.

Only issue with the spacer and AHC is that it is not a straightforward drop-in install, as it would require bleeding the shocks and adjusting sensors (or software) for the new ride height. Warranty would be gone at this point as well.

Very good.

Would you mind measuring from the ground to the fender above the front tire…as well as from the ground to the center of the hub?

Although potentially unlikely, it may be the case Toyota puts an ahc lift on the front of their international ahc equipped vehicles (as well as the lc200’s without ahc).

It wouldn’t surprise me if the USA has more raked vehicles than the rest of the world for emissions/aerodynamic reasons…it does seem the United States land cruisers are recommended to use different motor oil than the rest of the world for emissions reasons.

The center of the front fender above my front tire is 35” (88.9cm) off the ground (2011 lx570 with AHC, us spec) in normal height.

I’m running 275 60 r20 tires that, in practice, actually are only 31.5” tall (measuring from the ground to the center of the hub, then doubling.
Sure. Got these measurements in today.

Fyi: I measure from bottom of wheel hub to fender in order to avoid any differences in wheels, tires, inflation...etc. Hub diameter itself is 3 5/8".

Also taken from the flatest spot I could find after driving around the neighborhood to give the system a chance to balance itself.

Bottom of hub to fender measurements:
AHC - Normal height
FD
21.5"
54cm

FP
21.25"
53.5cm

RD
22.0"
56cm

RP