STLCA Picture Of The Day Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20200510_173500942.jpg

:rofl:Its alive!!!

The BJ70 has a freshly overhauled 3B and she finally moves on her own power again. It certainly resisted ... oil leaks, fuel leaks, grounding issues, faulty alternator, dead batteries (sitting for 6 months seems to have killed them since they weren't being worked) ... but even this blind squirrel found a nut.

Awesome Larry.

I am sure how to describe this but I have an early Halloween entry … featuring

Franken-Knee, Ole Zipper Knee or whatever applies for humor

I should be cleared to drive myself by GSMTR, so happy days will be coming again.

Knee Staples.jpg

Damn! Full Replacement or just repairs? Heal quick my friend.

Damn! Full Replacement or just repairs? Heal quick my friend.

Just repair. Tore the quads tendon in my right leg. The re-attachment procedure was a bit more than a bore scope. Absolutely doing my best for a quick recovery, but it won't be quick enough.

Bluebonnet Trail.jpg

Who needs photoshop to create a false image?
Took this today on Bluebonnet Gang trail at Katemcy Rocks. This is a green trail. The ledge with sliders was just a little noise, but not as bad as I am portraying it with this camera angle.

@LDowney That's awesome! We will make it out there one of these years.

880190A6-A66D-4829-92BD-DEE9DF21B234.jpeg

from GSMTR. Trail 40-something.

A friend sent this to me ... sort of feel like I am being stalked, but I know better.
A 70 and 80 series Cruiser combo is of interest to many stalkers.

Stalking.png

Situation ... On the return from RoundUp, the 3B developed a knocking a few miles from home. Friday was my first chance to meet with Peter Merriam to let him hear/examine the knocking and I trailered the 70. Peter thinks a pre-combustion cup may have broken/come loose or a valve issue. Looks like the 3B gets opened back up in January to fully assess the source of the knocking.

This thing is super clean, but I think the money could have been spent better on a genuine Toyota restoration. Located in Brentwood, TN.
5BB28714-D178-4DFF-AEA8-ACC9942EFAB0.jpeg
36AFC7DD-6CC1-4A54-8F02-30E8153F38D9.jpeg
773CB1F0-6F97-441B-B9C8-CE5FA0168EDE.jpeg
7ECB2F24-4AD1-4D9F-8806-860594CB2E9B.jpeg
4C5204EB-4F06-4635-AB3B-3CA4CBE537C1.jpeg

4"-6" on top of at least an inch of ice. How are the rest of you fairing?

20210218_090140.jpg

SnowPig!
20210220_155754.jpg

A friend sent this to me ... sort of feel like I am being stalked, but I know better.
A 70 and 80 series Cruiser combo is of interest to many stalkers.

View attachment 2524057
Situation ... On the return from RoundUp, the 3B developed a knocking a few miles from home. Friday was my first chance to meet with Peter Merriam to let him hear/examine the knocking and I trailered the 70. Peter thinks a pre-combustion cup may have broken/come loose or a valve issue. Looks like the 3B gets opened back up in January to fully assess the source of the knocking.
Hope you get it figured out, Larry!

I wish I could be there when you take that pig up rattle rock this year..SWEET!

Make a day trip up. I know er'body love to see you. I'm sure we can find you a seat.

Hope you get it figured out, Larry!
Looks that way. It was a multitude of things went sideways and I was to blame for several. Tear down revealed

• Turbo was completely destroyed. The shop that overhauled the turbo appears to have done very bad job. The impellor shaft must have had too much free play (possible missing seal or something) which resulted in the impellers eating into the intake and exhaust housings.
  • Collapsed piston. When I had the engine over hauled, all parts sources that I checked said that there were no pistons were available for a 3B that were hardened for use with a turbo. So std pistons were my only choice for use with the turbo. But all recommendations said that not exceeding 10 psi boost beyond short excursions would not be an issue for std 3B pistons. I made a bad choice in accepting those pistons.
  • Related to the collapsed piston was probable driver error. On the way back from Texas; when I crossed into Alabama, the traffic was bumper-to-bumper and clipping along at my upper operating limit (~10 psi boost, ~1100degF EGT, 2400 RPM ). Hind sight indicates that 5-6 hours at my upper limit was beyond the limit of the parts that I had put in the overhaul (namely the pistons)

Now it is bad to hemorrhaging money. Peter Merriam has the engine at his shop and his parts suppliers have confirmed to him that turbo-hardened 3B pistons are available. So new pistons / sleeves / turbo are in the works (at a minimum).

On the bright side, it gives my charming bride a awe-you-were-stupid item to hold over me and beat me with whenever she chooses. She always appreciates having and using such clubs.

@LDowney that sucks. I do appreciate your club saga, Erin has a few of those at her disposal as well, but as long as I keep playing taxi for her and her junkyard finds, she keeps their usage to a minimum.

Round Up was last week. Attendance was as strong as ever and the weather was good.

The tragedy to Mason was a big surprise for us. The county court house in the middle of town was attacked on 6Feb by an arsonist. Our hotel was across from the square so I have before and after pictures that I took from the hotel balcony.

Nov2020
IMG_20201111_161911620.jpg

Mar2021

IMG_20210317_173132296.jpg

The community would like to restore the court house, but cost of damages are estimated at ~$30M while insurance will only cover ~$4M. Round Up raised ~$4k for the court house so the TLCA and its chapters have stepped up to help. More is needed to accomplish objective, the journey is just starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom