Stiff pedal question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes, i searched. and searched. i read just about every thread on this and have tried numorous things.

For the life of my i cannot get my acc. cable/gas pedal to move smooth. The pedal is very stiff, both when the truck is running, driving, and totally shut off.

My cable is old and cracked but i removed it, lubed it, re-installed it into position, its smooth as glass.

I lubed the pedal bracket/spring, it is very smooth as well.

I have also whiped down the throttle plate and nothing has improved.

I ordered a new cable that will be in tom but hesitant to replace it right now b/c im 95% sure its not the problem. I'm sure i'll swap them out at some point just b/c my old one is cracked but does anyone have any suggestions at all?

Thanks, BD

Make sure to check the carpet under the gas pedal that it is not curled and not preventing the pedal to move down when you step on it.

It's definately not the carpet. i checked all that, its fine.

If i had to say where i could feel the stiffness it would be where the acc cable actuallly connects to the throttle body. Not sure what its called but its where all the cable come to and latch on, it has a large spring in it that makes it recoil. (Sorry, not the most educated on this)

I actually thought removing the mass air flow tube and cleaning inside there would do it but nothing.

Is this the type of thing where i actually need to remove the whole throttle body all together?

BD.
- Once again, sorry for the 15th repost on this but i just couldnt find a clear answer anywhere

Cruiserhead05,
I had a similar deal going on with mine.
When I pushed the pedal nothing for the 1st centimeter or so then it would slip and accel jump. Not to smooth.
Mine was cracked over the exhaust manifold as usual.
Replaced it, also put some fuel line over the problem area to prevent it from baking again.
Now it is smooth.
I did not have to remove the throttle body.
Its tricky to get it back in there right and make note of how many threads are exposed beyond the bracket and between so that you can put the new one the same.
Do not sit on the radiator, it can break.
I carefully place my left foot down on the metal frame below the mass air.
Right foot on fron bumper, it tight but you can get up in there and see what going on with those cable retainers or whatever they are called.
Replace it you will be glad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom