stem riser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone have suggestions for raising my handlebars? i have two bikes i love riding but am getting upper hamstrings pain because my geometry is a little wrong. i am a 6 foot 2” rider i have long kegs compared to my torso length and i am genetically a bit of a tight guy. despite working on hamstrings flexibility my bike handle bars are just a bit too low. i have carbon forks and non threaded headsets. i am wondering what suggestions you guys might have to raise my handlebars about 2cm. my headset spacers are maxed out i think but im not a bike mechanic so maybe there’s room to move. heres my fat bike. my seat is quite a bit higher than the handlebars but i need it that high to get proper knee position at bottom of my crank

suggestions?
C8B6A999-BDC0-4E9B-8235-BCF3E86CBECA.jpeg
AEA68494-891E-4F79-B7DB-17B19CB84369.jpeg

Last edited:
You could buy a new fork and then have a longer steerer tube, but I think most fork manufacturers don't recommend more 30-40mm of spacers. But, the easiest and cheapest is to buy higher rise handlebars. You can easily find bats with 45-50mm of rise. Or you can go with some custom ones like Mone/Oddity and get 3.5"-4.5" rise. Tons of options.

anyone have suggestions for raising my handlebars? i have two bikes i love riding but am getting upper hamstrings pain because my geometry is a little wrong. i am a 6 foot 2” rider i have long kegs compared to my torso length and i am genetically a bit of a tight guy. despite working on hamstrings flexibility my bike handle bars are just a bit too low. i have carbon forks and non threaded headsets. i am wondering what suggestions you guys might have to raise my handlebars about 2cm. my headset spacers are maxed out i think but im not a bike mechanic so maybe there’s room to move. heres my fat bike. my seat is quite a bit higher than the handlebars but i need it that high to get proper knee position at bottom of my crank

suggestions?
Take a look at Renthal riser bars. They have a lot of options and are light weight high quality bars.

i got a one up 35mm rise. it is probably 2 cm higher than my stock bar. hopefully it’ll be enough. it sure doesn’t look like that much of a difference but it is when i measure it. if its not enough i’ll have to get a 50mm. the only problem is that any carbon 50mm i have seen have 31.8mm centres and i have a 35mm bar clamp. i’d rather not buy a new clamp or spacers if i don’t have to so hopefully this will work. i can always use this on my canyon if i need to though so it won’t be a waste if i still need more!
image.jpg

for comparison though ..
698A284C-BC6F-4F66-AA01-68833729D781.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah for an extra 5mm i don’t think it’s worth it.

i really like the carbon bar. i didn’t think i’d notice the vibration dampening as much as i actually did. and the extra 2cm i think is actually going to be enough

foot position i am also finding is helping the hamstring pain. i am putting the ball of my foot in front of the spindle now and not right on it. that supposedly activates more glute and less hamstring/calf so less strain on the muscle origin. just have to get used to the feel of that position.

looks like a 0° stem on your bike now. I put a 17° rise stem on my wife’s bike for fit issues. Depending on your shoulder width, narrower bars could help too.

any angled stem will add length though moving the handle bars forward. my stem is currently the shortest available. i don’t want to move my handlebars any further forward at all. just trying to gain vertical height.

that being said i just came across this stem that gives 5mm vertical height on a 35mm stem. not sure 1/2 a cm is worth it but it might add a bit in combination with the handle bars ive got.
A32079D1-7AE0-415A-99E9-088B9C646198.png

and yes my new handle bars are a little wider than my last ones. i’m planning on cutting them down. just had carpal tunnel surgery this week though so gotta wait a few weeks before i can handle tools again!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom