steering box aftermarket or rebuild want to add hydro assit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wanted to get a few thoughts from FJ62/60 owners. I have a 62 I am know waiting on my longfields so I can put my rig back together and yes I did get a locker (e-locker) small $$ so mechanical locker had to be installed. I now only have a leaking real seal and ps box. Should I send my box to be rebuilt in TX. or switch to a different box Want to go w/ hydro assist. Thanks

Through a rebuild kit in the old one and then drill and tap it. I think there was a thread about this a year or so ago. I had Proffitt's Cruisers do mine. I am not aware of anyone who makes an aftermarket box. In fact, I think salvage might be your only option. Then again, I could be wrong.

The assist works great on the trail, but I worry about something going wrong on the highway- especially with kids, wife, etc.

nothing can go "wrong" on hydro assist on the hwy..

It is perfectly safe.

Go West Texas off road or rebuild it yourself..

nothing can go "wrong" on hydro assist on the hwy..

It is perfectly safe.

Your are probably right... still the though of the gate opening at 60mph is a little unnerving. Ass over tea kettle baby..... Mace, I remember the hydro on your 40. It was the inspiration for my own!!! Full width Dana 60s and hydro steering give one a certain feeling of confidence.

I have little ones of my own..

If the hoses fail you still have manual steering. No biggie :)

Keep the kids safe.

ok going to do a rebuild my self as that is the cheapest way. (if I do it right) Where is the best place to get the kit? Thanks

Trail -Gear in the vendors section has rebuilt FJ60/62 boxes listed for $449.oo, they also have a listing for IFS boxes drilled and tapped for hydro, so i would guess for a extra fee the would sell you a ready to bolt in drilled and tapped 60/62 box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom