steep incline motor cuts out. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was going up this hill and it was pretty steep. I was just crawling and tha damn thing died. It did it several times. My fuel was running low I don't know If that had something to do with it. I do have a weber carb. Should I switch to an electronic fuel pump?, or was my gas to low to feed the motor? Luckily I wasn't going up something hairy. I was in 4low as well.

I have a buddy who is running a weber in his 40. He has an electronic fuel pump, and a fuel pressure regulator. When he goes off road he turns it way down to like 1 psi and it does real well. From what I have heard the webbers like to suck a lot of gas. Adding in the pressure regulator lets the weber just "sip" gas and it won't flood out. The regulator is made by Mr Gasket and I believe you can get them from Summit. It has a big dial on it to set the fuel pressure. When my mech fuel pump went out I threw in an electric pump and had to add this regulator as well as it was pushing too much fuel.

Here it is

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=mr+gasket+fuel+pressure+regulator&x=0&y=0&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

mrg-9710_w.jpg

Sorry to hijack a little here....

Majanrk--How did you know it was pushing to much fuel? Poor gas mileage, vacuum gauge, etc.? Also, did you notice any change when you did the swap to electronic, i.e. was it worth it? I was thinking of going that route when my pump gives up and am just curious.

Thanks.

It was bogging down. That and there was a fuel odor. Once I put the regulator on it, it was just fine.

The only reason I put the elec pump in is because I had to wait for a new mech pump to come in and couldn't afford to have any downtime. I just pick up an elec pump that put out between 4-7 psi (If I remember right) at Napa just as a stop gap.

I would stay with an OEM mech fuel pump. I have an electric one plumbed in just as a back up. I'll I got to do is connect a couple of lines and hook up the power and I'm good. Once again, go with OEM. I've had 2 cheapo mech pumps crap out on me without much milage.

I do believe that carter re-sells OEM pumps at a cheaper price. If you do a search on this board you will find a thread that talks about this.

I thought your fule pump was going out if when you drove around normally and your engine was cutting out? I was thinking maybe I just don't have enough power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom