Steel supplier open right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know a steel supplier that's open right now? I'm not sure if they're considered essential or not so maybe they're just all closed? I've gotten most of my stuff from Koenig's, but their website says they're closed until further notice.

I just need a few small pieces, so preferably a place with no minimum order, if that exists. I've been scavenging from my scrap pile, but it's running low :confused:

TIA! - David

Does anyone know a steel supplier that's open right now? I'm not sure if they're considered essential or not so maybe they're just all closed? I've gotten most of my stuff from Koenig's, but their website says they're closed until further notice.

I just need a few small pieces, so preferably a place with no minimum order, if that exists. I've been scavenging from my scrap pile, but it's running low :confused:

TIA! - David

Moriarty Pipe and Iron is open out in Moriarty, but thats quite a drive for you. Choice is open in Abq, but they want you to buy full pieces.

I have quite a bit of stuff here at my place and access to lots more. What are you looking for?

I may be able to help out as well...

I ordered some steel online out of Colorado and Pennsylvania. Shipping sucks but it is an option depending how much you need.

@Mauser thanks for the lead on Moriarty Pipe and Iron. Looks like it's only 20 minutes from Tijeras, and I'm out that way pretty frequently. Do they have a minimum order quantity? Do they stock most tube, angle, bar ?

I'm mainly looking for a piece of 1"x2" bar stock, 72" long. Also about 120" of 1"x0.5" stainless square tube, relatively thin walled. And lastly about 60" of 2" square tube, thin walled (1/8" thick or less).

I think I'll end up buying the 2nd and 3rd item above online, but if anyone has a lead on the 1st 1"X2" bar stock, that one would probably the most extra $$ to buy online.

Thanks everyone!

@Mauser thanks for the lead on Moriarty Pipe and Iron. Looks like it's only 20 minutes from Tijeras, and I'm out that way pretty frequently. Do they have a minimum order quantity? Do they stock most tube, angle, bar ?

I'm mainly looking for a piece of 1"x2" bar stock, 72" long. Also about 120" of 1"x0.5" stainless square tube, relatively thin walled. And lastly about 60" of 2" square tube, thin walled (1/8" thick or less).

I think I'll end up buying the 2nd and 3rd item above online, but if anyone has a lead on the 1st 1"X2" bar stock, that one would probably the most extra $$ to buy online.

Thanks everyone!

No minimum order. They have a lot of tube and angle in stock. They are good people too. They may have the bar stock you are looking for. Might try Marco steel in Abq for the stainless

I want a piece of 3/16 plate to make a small welding table. Like 2x2 or 2x3. Anyone have one laying around? I have monies for trade.

I want a piece of 3/16 plate to make a small welding table. Like 2x2 or 2x3. Anyone have one laying around? I have monies for trade.

I have a piece of 3/16" diamond plate about 4'x4'. You can cut what you need from it.

I have a piece of 3/16" diamond plate about 4'x4'. You can cut what you need from it.

Aluminum or steel? All I have is mig, no way to weld aluminum or stainless unfortunately.

Popping this back to the top. I've been hearing the ads for NM Metals so I decided to stop by. I needed a small piece of steel and missed the days of Metal Supermart. Well, I was pleased. They cut to order and sell small bits. No need to buy 20' sticks of something.

very cool Pappy. Can this go in the "local vendor" thread as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom