Stateside source for Kaymar spares? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mud,

Im looking for some spare parts for my Kaymar rear bumper namely the lock out pin (K6131) and plastic bumper caps (K6225). Kaymar directly quoted me a very reasonable $50 for a pair of each but when it came time to ship them to the US they quoted $220 US which is a bit steep for some plastic the size of a pack of smokes and a lock pin.

With that out of the way;
Does anyone know a USA source for Kaymar bumper spares?

Definitely interested in this answer as well.

I've got a Kaymar rear tire carrier in need of similar.

Let me warn you, in my experience, ordering spares from Kaymar takes a long time, even in Australia. I ordered parts from them three times in recent years, twice through ARB, once directly via their website. In all cases, it took over 3 months to get my order. Something to keep in mind. A local source would probably be preferable, but with those kind of order delays I can't imagine many companies overseas wanting to deal with that.

Not sure what's going on with the AUS and SA to US shipping...a year ago, I ordered a full set of seat covers for my son's new to him 4-Runner from Escape Gear in South Africa...shipped for free for the set. This year, I tried to get a tire cover from them and was quoted about $100 for the cover and $250 to ship. Fortunately I found the cover in Equipt and got it shipped for free and in less than a week.

I have the rear Kaymar on my 80 and wanted the spindle caps to run daily without swing outs, no response at all...ended up finding out that the Slee caps fit perfectly, so I got lucky. I also have one of the end caps from the PO of mine that you are looking for that doesn't even come close to fitting in my Jerry Can holder side with the cap missing.

>Plugs
I guess I can CAD up a plug, print a couple tests and then release the STL here for you guys.

>Pins
But does anyone have a solution for the locking pins? PO managed to bend all of them on mine so all they do is scratch the swivel head and make a screeching noise when they randomly rotate just right lol. I didnt want to have to take them out and try to rebend them but that might be the final solution if we cant find a more reasonable US source.

I've had to re-bend mine a couple of times...not the best design on that part. Would've been nice to have a lock mechanism click in so you'd have to release each time and be in the habit of doing so. I bend mine up when I yank on the tire to close it and realize that it was one of the few times that I had to flip the pin to hold it open due to sitting on a slight angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom