Stateside source for 17x7" steelies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone on the forum have a relationship with an importer or someone else who can easily source the 17x7 phone dial steelies available for the 200 series?

Better yet, if you know someone who already has a five count! Picture shows wheel in question.

steel wheels.jpg

These have always been high on my list! I have the 18x8 from the tundra but 17s would be ideal

Are you looking for a used set, or new? Finding a used set of five (and I would recommend ordering six if you're going to run these, in case anything happens) will be very difficult stateside; maybe someone with a Middle East connection like Land Cruiser Heaven in MD might be able to help?
For new, you can probably find the part # on Partsouq and then see if you can source them new. They will be expensive to ship. I ordered a set of 16x8" factory steel wheels for my 100 back in 2008. Figured out the part number and ordered them. They took forever but I got them, ran them on the truck for years and then sold them to a buddy in Colorado who is still running them on his 100.

Are you looking for a used set, or new? Finding a used set of five (and I would recommend ordering six if you're going to run these, in case anything happens) will be very difficult stateside; maybe someone with a Middle East connection like Land Cruiser Heaven in MD might be able to help?
For new, you can probably find the part # on Partsouq and then see if you can source them new. They will be expensive to ship. I ordered a set of 16x8" factory steel wheels for my 100 back in 2008. Figured out the part number and ordered them. They took forever but I got them, ran them on the truck for years and then sold them to a buddy in Colorado who is still running them on his 100.
I would definitely buy used. The part number from partsouq shows not available. Good idea on messaging Land Cruiser Heaven, I'll give that a shot.

They're hard to get stateside, particularly the OEM ones. You can however get some 17x7 5x150s semi-custom from Asian suppliers. If I recall they were around $130/each before the pandemic. There's a thread running around.

I did once have 6 in my cart from a Toyota liquidator in the UK that was processing trucks taken out of service. They had an infinite amount of rims, but they all had tires on them, so shipping was ridiculous. Probably wouldn't be hard to find them again. They weren't too responsive on the internet, but calling them on the phone probably could get those tires unmounted and a pallet created. LIkely for around a $1000 if i was to guess.

Here's an option. A real looker . . .

And a more standard option - min 4 order, so possible $50/ea

Here's an option. A real looker . . .

And a more standard option - min 4 order, so possible $50/ea

Have you ever ordered from "made in china"? I cannot imagine the quality levels coming from that site.

Due diligence is always a good idea. It's been a few years, but I got deep into quotes with the source of the 17x7 5x150 wheels that are sold in AUS but aren't sold in USA. AUS has way more testing and cert overhead than the USA, so my private opinion is a product for that market would meet minimum functionality in this one.

Due diligence is always a good idea. It's been a few years, but I got deep into quotes with the source of the 17x7 5x150 wheels that are sold in AUS but aren't sold in USA. AUS has way more testing and cert overhead than the USA, so my private opinion is a product for that market would meet minimum functionality in this one.
Care to share details on that source? Happy to communicate by PM.

Care to share details on that source? Happy to communicate by PM.
Here’s the UK source. Land Cruiser Wheels - https://cabmasters.com/product/toyota-land-cruiser-17-inch-steel-pepper-pot-single-wheel-and-tyre/
Email shows that they were willing to dismount, I left the chat when I decided I didn’t really really want to deal with setting up the pallet international during covid. Capacity was out of control at that time.

I guess the conversation on the Chinese marketplace is not in email. No recollection of which faux storefront it was.

In case you probably also can look for the a bit more fancy oem steel rims (looking at these right now since 100€ are okish even if I dont want to use the tire and have already four spares….)
Maybe they are easier to get?
IMG_0724.jpeg

In case you probably also can look for the a bit more fancy oem steel rims (looking at these right now since 100€ are okish even if I dont want to use the tire and have already four spares….)
Maybe they are easier to get?
View attachment 3616199
Those look like one of the 18" tundra steelie options, and IMO not as attractive as the phone dial version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom