Starter/Ignition wire - help locate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys, I want to get a head start, I'll go fishing under the dash when I get home tonight, but was hoping for someone to direct where I can find the wire that goes from the ignition switch to starter soleniod.
untitled.JPG

Ok, really no one can point it out for me? Is this to much of easy question that everyone is laugh at it ;)

ok on my 62 it is from the switch it is B-W To the neutral safety start switch then from there the color is B-R .....black/ red to the starter

Thanks for the reply, i have 84 fj60. But where's the best place to cut it? Better said where is the best place to physically locate it in the truck to cut it.

Thanks again!

You can see from the diagram below, the ignition switch contact to the starter motor is identified as ST1 (start 1?). I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but you probably don't want to cut the wire right at the ignition switch, because the wire splits and some of the power goes off to power the 12V supply wire "E". Probably the easiest thing to do is find the wire at the starter. On my 85 FJ60, there is a single wire with a plastic connector that plugs into the starter motor. You can just cut the connector off leaving enough wire on it to splice in new wire to your relay, or trace the wire back from the starter to a suitable location for your relay splice.
starter circuit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom