"SST" for rear wheel hub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced the wheel studs on my rear wheels since a few of them were damaged.

I used some of the old ones and a scrap piece of metal to weld my own SST.

Not the best welds, but it worked. What do you think?

IMG_9217 Large.jpeg
IMG_9219 Large.jpeg

yea it may hold up but I think over time, it may come up to a lock nut that will test its limits.

the OEM SST is still made and available, and also someone picked up the mantle from wits ends modified 54mm socket which has the 3 notches to loosen the lock nut.

Funny, in all these years I still don't know what purpose the protrusions on the locknut serve. The factory tool doesn't interface them, and I can't figure out why they are there.

I replaced the wheel studs on my rear wheels since a few of them were damaged.

I used some of the old ones and a scrap piece of metal to weld my own SST.

Not the best welds, but it worked. What do you think?

View attachment 3213243View attachment 3213244

i thing you did a dam good job ! :popcorn:

because i was lazy , and traded my local dealerships SHOP FORMAN a 18 pack of rolling rocks to simply borrow this during a full floating axle restore , repair and refresh cosmetic nuts and bolts everything bling end product result plan i am currently deep into going on ....

LINK BELOW to my stand alone TECH Thread ....

i don't think this will happen to be clear ... , but if it fails or does not work as intended , just don't say anything here on mUD and fake it till you make it ... then post those results ...

that's what i did when i ran out of OXY Torch gas mid stream while shooting my studs removal TECH TIME Video short you will see at my link below

hell you even powder koated it ...... A+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom