Squeaky Center Console, Shifter Trim, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ntsaint

Don't Assume I Know The Basics...
SILVER Star
Threads
My entire center console, shifter trim, etc, has recently started to squeak like crazy, and it's driving me nuts.

All of the plastic around the shifter seems to squeak and rattle, and when i press down on it, it will stop. But only for a few minutes.

The console squeak appears to be the lid of the console itself...if I open the lid, squeaks go away.

I'm crazy about noises in the truck, and these are my only two. I'm eventually going to have to tear it apart to try to find the cause, but thought I'd check first, see if anyone else has had to fix these issues yet?

I did a search, didn't find anything specifically related.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Similar squeeks with my 2000 LC--much worse in cold weather (<20 F). Most of them I fixed by stuffing a few business cards or small pieces of cardboard in discrete locations to force a tighter fit.

the lid of my console was noisey, more chattery than squeeky, i examined and there looks like a couple of indents (console side, not lid side) for rubber stops, but no stops. i had some cabinetry rubber stops around, so stuck these in place, and now the lid is tight with no chatter. hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom