Sputtering, stalling... then won't start at all - Fixed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
Posting this after the fact in case someday, someone has happen what just happened to my 100... you'll think "Wait! I saw a post on this!" And, a search will make your day a lot better.

After moving my daughter from one apartment to another (at UGA), I went to start the 100 to head home. Nope. It just sputtered... fluttered... faltered and stalled... several times. Didn't panic yet. I let it rest a few minutes and tried again. Same result. I disconnected the battery in hopes of resetting even more (come, there's a chance). Nope. Same result. Now I'm concerned. 60 miles from home, trailer connected, middle of parking lot... There's no easy tow out of this mess.

I called Dugan at ACC Garage. I know he's good... I'm hoping he's magic. He said "There's one thing it could be that you could fix there with minimal tools - Pull the air box and intake tube from the throttle body, see if there's some black build-up around the butterfly... If there is, you're in luck - that's likely the problem." There was lots of black *&#@. I kept wiping and wiping where the butterfly seats... till it seemed clean. Reassembled everything - and Vroom! Running like new!

One of those "This is too easy - can't work" fixes that worked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom