Spring shot right out the window! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving down the road and pushed the button to engage the windshield wiper fluid and as I took finger off, the button came off and spring behind the button shot out the passenger side window. I still have the button fortunately. Any thoughts on replacement springs? I don’t even know where to start.

You probably put someone's eye out! You could buy a few different sizes of springs at the hardware store and experiment until you find something that works. It's not a precision application.

Last edited:
the button came off and spring behind the button shot out the passenger side window.
Holy factory options Batman!
You need a new stalk unless you think you can get the button to stay in after you find a spring?
And it doesn't look like that stalk by itself is available.
You may be hunting entire steering columns out of wrecks.

It's not difficult to find the entire assembly. There are many on here who are parting out 80s. What sucks is that the later ones (variable intermittent) won't work with the older ones.

Source from the highest quality bic pen. I used to shoot those all the way across the room when I was 12. Should have the same effect you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom