spring height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My previous thread tackled the spring re-arching & add-a-leaf i recently did, well today i noticed that the front is a bit higher than the rear and sure enough the tape measure proved it. I measured the distance from the middle of the wheel to the fender and there was a 2 inch difference front to rear and even differences on all four wheels.... would the stock front normally be higher or vice versa ... is my method of measuring correct ? help appreciated ....:popcorn:

My previous thread tackled the spring re-arching & add-a-leaf i recently did, well today i noticed that the front is a bit higher than the rear and sure enough the tape measure proved it. I measured the distance from the middle of the wheel to the fender and there was a 2 inch difference front to rear and even differences on all four wheels.... would the stock front normally be higher or vice versa ... is my method of measuring correct ? help appreciated ....:popcorn:

Best is to post up a pic of your truck, side-view. We can tell you by eye if it's "normal" or not.

Pics

Thx,

here are two views from th side.... hope it helps ..
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG

I rearched my springs and added a leaf and then one of the rear drivers side springs broke as did th e main passenger side on the front! Ended up buying a complete set of locally made springs and now I have the same problem you do- front sits at stock height, the rear is just under two inches lower! Been meaning to add extra leaves in the rear, but am unsure of where I should add them- should i add longer ones to avoid a stiff ride or shorter? What leaves did you use from AAL? John

From what I know the short AAL's produce the bumpiest ride
I did aal's all the way around and have about a 1" sag in the rear
Gonna use some shackles to level her out

I didnt add the short ones but one of the long ones.... i still have a pretty FD UP bumpy ride though .... someone told me to rough it out on the trail to "seat them in" .... will try but dont know if it will work ...

When you measure from the middle of the wheel to the fender the front measurement would normally be 1" more. ie the fender is 1" higher than the rear.

What was the reason for adding only 1? Broken spring?

Typo

clarification ... i added per sring set so that makes 4 addons altogether and the reason was that the springs were completely flat and ride quality was very bad so i rearched the stock ones and added the extra ones.

Cheers !:clap:

What was the reason for adding only 1? Broken spring?

The design of the body has the top of the fender arch 1" higher at the front than at the back.

i.e. relative to something that should be horizontal (frame rail in center section of truck, rocker panels, prominent crease in the sheet metal along the doors) the opening in the front fenders come 1" higher than the back.

Looks pretty good from the pics. They will never sit perfectly level. I choose to have mine a little high in the rear empty and sitting cause I hate the way they look loaded down with gear and sunk in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom