Spotted FS in Spokane WA - interesting 1995 convertible conversion 139k miles, $27,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This just popped up on Craigslist. The seller is just 1 mile from my home, if anybody a potential buyer wants me to go scope it out. The owner may be a member here, I dunno. If so I apologize if this is a repost. I know Series 80s pretty well and currently drive a 200. This is a 1 owner truck and he claims to have owned ten Land Cruisers.

06D7C93C-6C22-41E6-AD6A-CA7885F12844.jpeg

80F84FFA-BE70-4CFD-9B61-BA082AF375B9.jpeg

942A796D-E8FD-48D8-8BF7-10B9EC310A8C.jpeg

1995 Toyota Land Cruiser - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

I actually like it a lot but would not want to keep that sweet interior clean.... I would want to really look closely at the fabrication. But I expect that it has been done well.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
Not really my cup of tea, but it looks to be well-executed. Unique for sure!

Looks like something a Resort Hotel in the Caribbean, Thailand, Hawaii, --- might use to transport tourists to/from the airport.

Go take a look, ask the seller why the convertible conversion, was it in
an accident, roll-over?? Ask about the paint job, details as to where was it done (what shop painted it), cost for the paint job alone (cheaper paint is cheap), any bondo on the body, how they filled in the fender flare holes, how they extended the lift gate,---. I would also ask him if the soft top is waterproof at 70mph in a driving rain.

Would be great if you could take and post up some photos showing the modificiations to the lift gate (carpet removed) and how the soft top attaches to the body. Maybe a little video. Interesting conversion but not all that practical.

I wonder if this was a pet project and then he ran out of money or interest.
It's got new leather for all the seats including the console cover but still has the original steering wheel (leather)??

Last edited:
Sorry, I am not going to go pester the man except for somebody who has a real interest in buying it. All of those questions can easily be answered by directly contacting the seller.

The only reason I even offered to go is, he is maybe five minutes away.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Looks like something a Resort Hotel in the Caribbean, Thailand, Hawaii, --- might use to transport tourists to/from the airport.

Go take a look, ask the seller why the convertible conversion, was it in
an accident, roll-over?? Ask about the paint job, details as to where was it done (what shop painted it), cost for the paint job alone (cheaper paint is cheap), any bondo on the body, how they filled in the fender flare holes, how they extended the lift gate,---. I would also ask him if the soft top is waterproof at 70mph in a driving rain.

Would be great if you could take and post up some photos showing the modificiations to the lift gate (carpet removed) and how the soft top attaches to the body. Maybe a little video. Interesting conversion but not all that practical.

I wonder if this was a pet project and then he ran out of money or interest.
It's got new leather for all the seats including the console cover but still has the original steering wheel (leather)??

9d846c770fbc83519294123ab40d94db.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom