Split T case question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
South western alps south east part of France. Righ
Huh, daft question, the primary T case gear is the same in the 1.9 and 2.29 transfer cases? I've bought a T case secondhand for my 61 and it had the small type of speedo gear, this telling me it's from the 7 series, may be a 75, it's a vacuum actuated one. But i haven't checked the gear ratio. I'm pretty sure the Primary gear was the same! If it's different i'd know for sure, i don't want to reopen the Tcase just to check! :D

do you mean the imput gear?
if so then the 4 speed gear set i.e. 2.29 has a seperate collor from the gear to stop the flid transfer back and forth and on the 1.9 (5 speed) has a one piece imput gear...
same tooth count...
cheers

I Wayne!

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm talking about the 5spd input gear yes, , i'm pretty suere there's the two Tcases mounted behind the H55F, the normal one 1.9 low spd ratio, and a 2.29 under the heavy rigs like the 75. iirc (source "revue technique automobile" french technical book) Would seem normal that both cases input gear would be the same as it is the same ratio for "high" speed, but since there's 411 behind the 2.29 ones! Who knows.

the rest of the world got some options that we had no idea even existed so i can only say from what i have seen...
if the 2.29 was from behind a H55f then i would assume that the imput gear would be the same... but if you got the case from somewhere else you will need to pull the case apart to install it so check it out then...
cheers

In my case HJ-60 GNMLS 1987 with H55F comes with 1.96 low gear .. :( to bad, I'm noticed about that when pull out to rebuild and Marks gears .. :D

Hi everybody!

Wayne, thanks again! Yeah, that's the problem i've only noticed that lately, and the case has been in for a while now! :) David, iirc you have lockers under it with 4.11? on mine it's stock K055 with 3.7 gears! The thing is i rebuilt the case not knowing what i've put in it! Now, it feels tough in the mountain, and i was wondering if i had put lower gears in, since it feels only that way in low. And after my tyre change, i can feel the kind of slight drag induced by a bigger change in high gears. Feels nice almost violent in low gears! I've got a friend who has a pair of K084 from his broken 61 and he doesn' want to sell them to me! :mad:

*Most* H55F's were mated to the 1.99:1 split case, not the 2.276:1 version. I'm sure some models and some markets did, but this isn't the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom