For Sale Specter off-road soft top — FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that a factory soft top windshield frame or an add on track?
I see a screw in the photo, so it would need the other top.
The one i posted is for the OEM soft top channel, but they do sell a version for the, "Sor Channel" whatever that is exactly.

Thats why I want to see the front channel and how its installed, factory uses a rope( which this needs) I bet its sor design with a nylon strip. Guess you could change out the front channel to sor’s design.

Thats why I want to see the front channel and how its installed, factory uses a rope( which this needs) I bet its sor design with a nylon strip. Guess you could change out the front channel to sor’s design.
Good point, but I don't see how it could be the SOR channel from the looks of the pic. Only the rope wrap could be that tight I think. But looking at the pic again I can say that the owner should mount with just the wraps in the channels & make sure the extra top fabric isn't tucked into the channel. It can make a bit of difference in fit at least. Give a bit more play on the whole thing, to maybe get it flush mounted in the rear.

Does a non US Spec RHD 40 make any difference in the bows, tailgate and windshield channel?

Photos of the channel.

8141451A-940E-45C7-B235-19C3FEDDFEDF.jpeg

9BE21533-615B-423D-9CE9-16293F520A3D.jpeg

E89EB371-667F-4023-AA22-4F0327DEAC7D.jpeg

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but I would be raging pi$$ed if they wouldn't at least try and exchange it. Also, knowing SOR, they would charge you shipping both ways and charge for your own box. :mad:

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but I would be raging pi$$ed if they wouldn't at least try and exchange it. Also, knowing SOR, they would charge you shipping both ways and charge for your own box. :mad:
Yes he has tried to solve the issue amicably but they are just using their 30 day return policy as their excuse not to help. My client bought this top once he started the restoration - about less than 2 years ago.

If they send the wrong product or their product is deficient this 30 days policy is no matter. If the issue is on their side they should take responsibility for it, this is disappointing from SOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom