Speaker stopped working after refoam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anybody has faced this? Just got a refoam kit from SimplySpeakers and installed new foam on my drivers side front speaker. The speaker used to rattle before, which is why I installed it. But I know it at least worked somewhat. Now after putting everything back together, it doesn't put out any sound. What could it be? Are there any checks I could do to test the speaker itself, or how do I trace the wiring? I see the wires going to it are two shades of pink, but where else can I see if there is continuity?

Welp after further digging I found where the pink wire going into the speaker comes out of the wire harness by the dead pedal after it goes through the door hinge and there is no continuity. The purple wire has continuity. Now I have to find where the break is in the pink wire. This sucks testicles

you may find it easier to just run a new speaker wire from the door to under the passenger seat, instead of tracing tiny wires in big bundles.

I was thinking something like that. But why passenger seat? My problem is the drivers side front speaker. I guess my biggest concern would be to try to get it thorugh that rubber boot at the hinge of the door, and splice it neatly into the wire bundle before it culminates at the connector by the dead pedal

the amp is under the passenger seat. Have you tried hooking up a different speaker just to ensure its not a speaker issue?

No man, I already mentioned that the pink wire is the one that's broken between where the harness connects at the dead pedal and where it connects to the speaker itself. No need to go anywhere past that. I deduced this by sticking a wire into the connector to bypass and breaks and the speaker started working.

Tapedeck adapter, refoam..fixing s***ty stock wires...deal that old s*** and go aftermarket. If you’re going to spend hours on your audio might as well be doing something that’s gonna bring your stereo to par

Never understood why some people advocate their own method to death. It's like you get royalty for every setup people install that's like yours. If you don't have anything to say about the cassette adapter method, stick to your whatever pioneer radio insert and leave the thread alone. There are plenty of reasonable people here who like the setup I like an those are the ones I'm looking to hear from.

And calling the ML system s***ty means you have s*** in your ears if you can't tell the sound quality difference.

Id be interested to see how many forums members use their tapedeck on their rig...particularly in the 99-02 years. There’s ten solutions besides mine better than tape deck adapters and old refoamed stock paper cone drivers from 2002. Maybe I’m jealous that your a better tinkerer than me or just that u have more time to do it. Either way the overwhelming majority on any vehicle forum would likely agree that spending the time for the results you’re getting is...well...”smart”

No man, I already mentioned that the pink wire is the one that's broken between where the harness connects at the dead pedal and where it connects to the speaker itself. No need to go anywhere past that. I deduced this by sticking a wire into the connector to bypass and breaks and the speaker started working.

ah, gotcha, misread your post. It should be pretty easy to go through the boot, sometimes some silicone spray helps to lubricate, and you can use a coat hanger/ thick wire to pull through.

Yep, got it all done yesterday and it sounds great. I have to think if I were going from my Bluetooth adapter directly to the solder joints on the tape deck that the sound would be even cleaner but it’s perfectly fine now anyway.

Id be interested to see how many forums members use their tapedeck on their rig...particularly in the 99-02 years. There’s ten solutions besides mine better than tape deck adapters and old refoamed stock paper cone drivers from 2002. Maybe I’m jealous that your a better tinkerer than me or just that u have more time to do it. Either way the overwhelming majority on any vehicle forum would likely agree that spending the time for the results you’re getting is...well...”smart”

I would be interested too actually. Not getting a lot of people chiming in here. You can set up a separate poll I guess?

But what are these 10 solutions that are all better than refoaming old speakers and using a cassette adapter? Could you list them please because I honestly wasn't aware that there were that many other solutions, and ALL of them being better than mine.

Why are you assuming that I am willing to spend hundreds of dollars on modifying the stereo? That's like me giving you s*** for not taking your cruiser to a body shop and completely taking it apart, wirebrushing it, and repainting everything, including getting a brand new upholstry setup and whatever else..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom