• PLEASE READ >>> Accounts Security Locked

The link above goes to a thread in the Announcements - Help - Testing section of the forum....you are welcome to follow normal menu structure and find it there. ~woody

Spark Plugs into Distributor order?

I need to know the order in which the spark plug wires connect to the distributor. I changed my plugs and wires and when I start up it doesn't sound like all of the pistons are moving... drives a bit sluggish:whoops:

Not sure what I did... figured I messed the order up with the distributor. Let me know

I need to know the order in which the spark plug wires connect to the distributor. I changed my plugs and wires and when I start up it doesn't sound like all of the pistons are moving... drives a bit sluggish:whoops:

Not sure what I did... figured I messed the order up with the distributor. Let me know

If the pistons aren't all moving at the same time, you've got way bigger problems :p

IIRC, doesn't the cap have the plug wire numbers molded into it?

If you messed up the order of the wires, I doubt it would run at all. I think there is a better chance that one of the wires isn't snapped on the plug well or something like that. Good luck and keep us posted.

HAHAHA, as a matter of fact it did run but it sounded like a late 70's buick (putterin' like a mofo, I said utt-ohh maybe I did the order wrong)... the wires confused me because they had letters but then I looked at the cap when I had some daylight and I see 1,2,3,4,5,6... YAY thanks a-lot, it was very hard to see that at night. I fixed the 2 miss-matched wires in the distributor cap and wam-bam-thank-you-man, it now runs smooth n quick.... ("that's what she said")

I ended up putting in the NGK iridium's spark plugs and Magnecor 8.5mm spark plug cables... truly ruins better but boy were my spark plugs from 03' were coroooo-dead.

- I hand spun the plugs and tighten with socket 2/3rds a turn... Is that correct? It runs good and I gaped the plugs .8mm/.032"

Last edited:
I'm amazed it ran at all with mis-matched plug wires. You got lucky, you can really break stuff like that. On one of my Toyota 7MGE's I had a timing issue and it wouldn't run but would back fire like crazy and it broke one of the shims on the lifter and chewed up one of the cams because I didn't know the shim had broken before I got the timing sorted out and got it running. Yeah, it sucked! Good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom