Builds SouthTxGX’s question and build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any thoughts on demello offroad’s new bumper? I’ve never owned any of their stuff and have heard of rust issues in the past, but that could just be bad powdercoat prep from the end user’s chosen shop. I do wish it sat a tad higher. View attachment 2628370
Have always like Demello's products and they tend to have some of the cleanest, well thought-out bumpers in my opinion.

Not a fan but I'm sure it'll sell.

Just picked it up from getting the kings installed. I’ll post pics if I get a chance today.
No rush...
I just want to see them NOW!!!
;)

I’ve been pretty busy lately so I haven’t had much time to enjoy the new suspension setup, but it’s pretty nice. I will say that it rides a tad firmer than my icons did on the fj, but I’m not having to replace them immediately after the install so they have that going for them lol. It’s a little firm over sharper impacts like speed bumps or bigger potholes at lower speeds, but really smooths out at higher speeds. Highway speeds on gravel roads feel very controlled and smooth.

The biggest downside to this setup is that the reservoirs are mounted to the frame so wheel offset and tire size is a bigger issue. That said, I ordered some titanium method 704s and figured out the night before they were delivered that they wouldn’t work. @Tex68w was generous enough to trade me his scs wheels that have more offset. Can’t thank him enough for it. Now I have to rethink the rest of my build so it doesn’t end up looking like a gray version of what his was lol. I need to find time to trim the bumpers and get the total chaos rear links installed.
C4E65F44-9208-40CF-9116-82E42ABFF8BD.jpeg

I’ve been pretty busy lately so I haven’t had much time to enjoy the new suspension setup, but it’s pretty nice. I will say that it rides a tad firmer than my icons did on the fj, but I’m not having to replace them immediately after the install so they have that going for them lol. It’s a little firm over sharper impacts like speed bumps or bigger potholes at lower speeds, but really smooths out at higher speeds. Highway speeds on gravel roads feel very controlled and smooth.

The biggest downside to this setup is that the reservoirs are mounted to the frame so wheel offset and tire size is a bigger issue. That said, I ordered some titanium method 704s and figured out the night before they were delivered that they wouldn’t work. @Tex68w was generous enough to trade me his scs wheels that have more offset. Can’t thank him enough for it. Now I have to rethink the rest of my build so it doesn’t end up looking like a gray version of what his was lol. I need to find time to trim the bumpers and get the total chaos rear links installed.
View attachment 2641575

Those look great on there, dare I say better than on the white? Rock that new Victory Blitz, at the moment there isn’t anything better imho.

Those look great on there, dare I say better than on the white? Rock that new Victory Blitz, at the moment there isn’t anything better imho.
The only thing keeping me from sending them money before they even start production is the thought of impact protection whether it be animals or people who can’t drive. I guess it wouldn’t be hard to switch out to a full bumper if I changed my mind though. Kinda hard to do that if I go with the Ironman first.

Exactly which is why I’ll likely just stick with the Ironman.

Regarding the bumpers, I agree, if in doubt, go small and see how it works. If you don't like it, I'm quite sure there would be no problem trying to sell the smaller bumper for a larger one. Or if you get in an accident, be it either man or beast, insurance may buy a large one for you!

Cut those bumpers!

I need to find someone to do it. My hands shake too much for me to do it. It would probably end up looking like I had Michael J Fox do it. You should see me try to eat peas with a spoon.

While I’m not quite like that my hands and their dexterity isn’t what it use to be. So I gotta pay someone to cut mine too.

Don't over think it, just get out there with some tape to set your cut line and then commit to cutting it. Use a sharp box blade, Dremel, rotary, or whatever you have and then clean the cut line up with a sanding block and/or some edge trim.

You and @CaptRussia253 both trimmed front bumpers today and I replaced mine. Great minds? LOL

You and @CaptRussia253 both trimmed front bumpers today and I replaced mine. Great minds? LOL
After doing mine I wish I would’ve just installed an aftermarket bumper. I had to make redneck brackets since someone decided to cut out the inside edge of the fender liner and the piece that mounts to the core support that it clips to to “fix” some tire rub. My GX is now 12% zip ties😂.

I smell a Victory LowPro in your near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom