Sourcing carb jets and sizing question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I've looked around and have found a lot of different information on this topic. I have an 83' FJ60 that I am finishing up a carb rebuild. The jets were damaged during tear-down and need to be replaced. The sizes I pulled out were 147 and 200 as far as I can tell.

My rig is completely de-smogged and it is my understanding that these are the stock jets. Should I put different jet sizes in? I live in Texas and I'm not concerned with altitude or anything.

This particular cruiser has sat for about a year and was running well with these jets for several years before it was parked. So, I'm not really sure if I should change them or keep them the same.

Also, where is a good source for purchasing jets? SOR does not have them in stock and I can't a direct replacement anywhere else. Thanks in advance!

Read the thread below from start to finish

so when I had mine desmogged I went with a weber 38. I had originally thought I should stay with the original carb, send it off to the guru and have it rebuilt, etc.... and that is what many people on MUD do. Basically, I just need the thing to work so I can hunt with it and didnt want constant under the hood tuning projects. My mechanic assured me the weber would be fine. I did have a lot of dieseling when I got it back and the idle was way to high. The solution was to open up the jets a tad and idle down. Runs great. My mechanic didnt have the other jets so he did it himself. He does a ton of custom street rods, etc...and really knows the weber so was able to dial it in perfect. Been strong for over 2 years now.

Hello all, I've looked around and have found a lot of different information on this topic. I have an 83' FJ60 that I am finishing up a carb rebuild. The jets were damaged during tear-down and need to be replaced. The sizes I pulled out were 147 and 200 as far as I can tell.

My rig is completely de-smogged and it is my understanding that these are the stock jets. Should I put different jet sizes in? I live in Texas and I'm not concerned with altitude or anything.

This particular cruiser has sat for about a year and was running well with these jets for several years before it was parked. So, I'm not really sure if I should change them or keep them the same.

Also, where is a good source for purchasing jets? SOR does not have them in stock and I can't a direct replacement anywhere else. Thanks in advance!

Full desmog, Jim c recurved distributor, Fuji City racer desmog carb. Factory jets, proper lean drop carb set up.

I get 12 city, 15.5 highway at sea level and I’ve taken it to 14,500 ft with no carb adjustment and had zero issues. It stayed running and didn’t act up.

I could eek out a tiny bit more performance by putting a wideband oxygen sensor and tuning it; but it’s just not worth it for how good it runs overall.

There is no source for Aisan jets (stock carb OEM), exactly. All are long NLA from Toyota or any aftermarket that I know of. The substitutes in the above link are supposed to work, but I've never used them. I think they're for a different make of Japanese carburetor, perhaps Motorcycle.

1.47 and 2.00 are the stock sizes for all USA spec carbs. Some of the available rebuild kits come with jets, and there's usually a 2.00 secondary in there, but the primary jets are smaller. You can open them up with an index drll bit to 1.50 if you're desmogged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom