Sourcing a Euro-Spec LC100 Amazon badge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I've recently been thinking about putting an Amazon badge from a Euro-Spec Hundy on mine - specifically, I'm looking for the letters that spell out "AMAZON" which look something like this:

Screenshot_20220731_012821.png

I did some cursory searching, and it seems like 1) this badge wasn't present on all 100 Amazons sold, and 2) the part might be out of production? I know it's a total long shot, but would anyone happen to have a part number (or even a Euro-Spec LC Amazon parts list) or more info on where I might be able to source one from?

In case anyone's curious about why I even want to do this in the first place: I have vanity plates that reference the arapaima, one of the largest freshwater fish, which is also known as the "king of the Amazon". I was pretty glad to learn that the LC 100 was actually sold as the LC Amazon in the European market, and figured a semi-authentic badge might go well with my theme. I'm not doing this to upbadge or impress anyone, just think it's something that would make me a tiny bit happier.

That should read "UK-spec 100 Amazon Badge". (Afaik it's only in the UK they where called Amazon. And that's both the 80 and the 100 series)
Anyhow, I checked a bit on landcruiserclub.net (UK-based) for you. It looks like those badges are discontinued.
Maybe a post on that forum could scare out a spare badge from a backyard garage?

Hi,

I've recently been thinking about putting an Amazon badge from a Euro-Spec Hundy on mine - specifically, I'm looking for the letters that spell out "AMAZON" which look something like this:

View attachment 3073667

I did some cursory searching, and it seems like 1) this badge wasn't present on all 100 Amazons sold, and 2) the part might be out of production? I know it's a total long shot, but would anyone happen to have a part number (or even a Euro-Spec LC Amazon parts list) or more info on where I might be able to source one from?

In case anyone's curious about why I even want to do this in the first place: I have vanity plates that reference the arapaima, one of the largest freshwater fish, which is also known as the "king of the Amazon". I was pretty glad to learn that the LC 100 was actually sold as the LC Amazon in the European market, and figured a semi-authentic badge might go well with my theme. I'm not doing this to upbadge or impress anyone, just think it's something that would make me a tiny bit happier.
The amazon was a high spec motor in the uk basically a Lexus but as they weren’t popular at the time we had landcruiser Amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom