Source for New Windshield Glass? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My son needs a new windshield for his '75 FJ40.
We are in Denver CO
Anyone know of a source?
Thanks

It's cheap form the dealership - I just got factory glass with my discount in Dallas for about 60 bucks. You might save a couple of bucks tracking down a glass shop to cut it for you but at this price, just get factory glass.

For the install tips - go to the tech section and the write up by Butch Baker

I have had a tinted piece cut from a glass company, and had them use there own weatherstrip, and it was about 150.00.

If you can get a dealership to sell you a windshield for that, get after it!

I am not a glass man, and have no problem paying a glass pro to install my glass so that it does not leak, or if there is a problem, ie it breaks when it is going in, I will get a new piece...

But that is just me, others have had great sucess with glass installs

Good luck!

-Steve

Any local glass shop can cut a piece with yours as a template...somewheres in the $40-60 range. Toyota prices aren't too bad either, if you can factor in some discount. PM cruiserdan on the forum, he's a Toyota counter-clown and does some nice forum pricing.

I opted for polycarb for mine...light weight, nearly unbreakable, but not nearly as cheap as normal glass and not DOT approved. For a trail-only ride, it rocks.

I'm with Poser. My dad was a glass man, but he's gone. I've tried a couple of times in the wrecking yards and failed miserably.

Had my FJ40 glass replaced a couple months ago by a local shop - $80 for the glass (steep), $30 for a new seal (the old one was stiff), $20 labor (tried to charge $40 but I talked him down because I handed him a bare windshield frame and he didn't have to move the vehicle in and out of the shop, remove the old glass, clean the frame, etc.)

wow,

i guess i'm spoiled down here in sc. with insurance, glass repair is free.

someone shot my windshield with a pellet gun (i guess) here at school, and i took it to a place in pineville when i was back at home. two hours later i couldn't believe that a windshield could be that clear. ha ha.

i would definitely try a glass shop though, the quality of glass should be better, esp. if the dealership is pullin old oem or nos stuff.

malphrus

I live in Englewood and called SWIS Tires. They have someone the subcontract to who came to my house and did it for $100. Called the one on South Quebec. I think it was Safelite. I called around and going through SWIS was the best price.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom