SOR headliner?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone used the SOR headliner??? on their web site, it says they sell it for 150...i am assuming it's only the fabric??? i still have all the bows and hardware, i just need the fabric..... oh and some insulation, but thats easy to fix..

any pics?? mine is (probably like most) totally rotted out....:frown:

I have one. The fit was pretty good, as is the quality. First thing first, have you ever installed a headliner before?, harder than it looks with all the bows. Where I ran into a problem was where the upholstery tucks under the window rubber. The rubber is so brittle it will probably break. SO for now I have a saggy headliner, but it is much better than no headliner.

A buddy of mine who is an upolsterer says you should remove the windshield and cargo glass to do it. Then you can adhere the material on the pillars, then reinstall the glass. I think i will let him do it as i've heard its a real PITA to make it look OEM.

SOR headliner

I just finished putting a SOR headliner in my '70. It is a huge PITA but it fit well and looks good if I do say so myself. Here are a couple of things I learned:
1. The bows are in sequence which is not marked on the bow. In other words, you have to fit the bows in first then .remove them and hang the fabric and reinstall the bows.
2. You have to remove the windshield and cargo windows to do this right since the fabric folds around a lip in the window frame and is held by clips as well as adhesive.
3. A company named Aveeco makes a clip which works perfectly to replace the OEM clips which are basically unobtainium.
4. Use 3M trim adhesive not the general spray adhesive (Number 77)
5. Start front to back (or back to front) attaching the bows and the loops to the hooks in the roof then go to the sides one at a time.
6. Study the pictures and description that Evan Jenkins put up on this website before you start.
Good luck.

SOR headliner

Oh yeah, don't forget to mark your visors, mirror and grab handles-- I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom