[solved] Identifying this hose? (name / part number) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
EDIT: The part number is 32943-60121. Leaving the below in case anyone has the same problem I did and runs into this post via search.

---

Recently ended a trip short as one of my transmission oil cooler hoses got a nice cut through it, sending ATF everywhere while I tried to get over to the shoulder of the freeway. I'd like to replace this hose and find out if I got over quick enough to avoid damaging anything but the hose itself.

Tried to replace with 3/8" ID from the local parts store but (with entirely too much effort) had no luck getting it over the barb in picture #1. Having pneumonia at the moment certainly doesn't help my desire to fight with this, and after trying various lubricants to assist me I'd rather just get the proper 10mm hose and be done with it.

The hose in picture #3 is what I'm replacing, though it was originally protected by a larger hose around it (which was removed for use on my failed replacement).

tl;dr: I need to order a replacement for this hose - please help me identify it in a manner which will let me do so? :cheers:

#1: The old hose, prior to removal, at the end which is giving me a very bad day (and at which the cut was found)
6UWrBww.jpg

#2: The other barb the hose (now removed) should go over - this is located under the battery box, and is a short metal tube that goes through to the front before transitioning to another rubber hose going to the transmission cooler; this goes to the lower side of the transmission cooler.
uiA3mnZ.jpg

#3: The hose itself, sans the original protective wrapping which was over it. As pictured, left end goes to barb in #1, right end goes to barb in #2.
NINpvON.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you tried getting the part from your dealership yet?

Most of these parts are available through your local people. They have all the diagrams and the numbers. Depending on where you live, you could have that in your hands in two days.

I have a great relationship with my parts people at the local dealership. They give me great pricing since I buy so much through them and I don't pay shipping. Get to know your local people and if they say the part is discontinued, then you have to ask for the part number and search the WWW until you find someone that has it on a shelf. Almost everything for the 80 is still available, unless it's not and then you have to work the used people. I have had great luck with Jason @arcteryx aka, CruiserYard.

Get the right part and install it.

Hadn't tried the dealership yet as it was closed - I do typically try local first. Before I moved I was in a similar situation with the parts people at the nearby dealership, though after moving my luck has been rather poor.

Spent 10 mins at the parts counter today with one guy telling him that what I was looking for wasn't on the diagram he had up, and that what he had up didn't look anything like what was on my vehicle -- he pulled in another guy who proceeded to click a button, reveal that the previous diagram was of an oil cooler integrated into the radiator, and bring up the correct diagram. He wasn't sure about the part but turned the screen to me, we followed the line back from the oil cooler and spotted what looks like the hose.

Part should be in tomorrow so I can verify it's correct but it appears the part number, for posterity, is 32943-60121. Just under $60 locally for 15" of hose, though that does include getting it here and it'll be in front of me to verify it's correct before I pay. Will edit the top post with the part number if it proves to be correct, just to save folks the head scratching if they encounter this in the future and don't have a good local dealership.

EDIT: 32943-60121 is the correct part number; it's also, as expected, much easier to get in place than the 3/8" hose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom