SOLD Solved... Driver Door Lock Knob for 1965 FJ45 LPB *** see pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
I am in need of a part that locks my driver door. I do not know the specific part I am missing because I believe it is another part that my powder coater lost :bang:When I look back at the before restoration pictures it was there. I have my door lock in the door. The missing piece must go in and contact it to make it operate.

Can anyone identify the piece I am missing so I can ask / search for the correct piece?
Getting down to the end so hopefully this will be the last or near last piece I need.

1st picture is another members truck. 2nd picture is mine before restoration. 3rd picture is my regulator installed showing what I need. I do have the little ball and spring just need whatever goes in that hole to operate the key lock (I have the key lock).

THANK YOU!

72955361315__2B6CD930-C38A-4111-AE7A-7D19B9316942.jpeg

Image 26.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

IIRC there should be a plastic piece attached to the lever for easier to grab and rotate.

I can look at some on the shelf when I get home.

Ambulance doors have the same thingy.

the lever piece in the first pic with the nut that holds it in the latch
my WAG is the nut tightens up so the lever can rotate and the square piece from the key goes into the back of it, similar to a door knob in a house

I have this ambulance door regulator. It works about the same as what I need however I am missing a piece that goes into the assembly and goes around the locking square shaft mechanism so the key lock in door will work.

View attachment 3558039

View attachment 3558040

that should all come apart.
take the plastic off, remove the nut, remove lever, washers and the other piece with the female square should slide out the back side

as you rotate the lever the square should rotate also

the female square should go with the male square in the door from the key

Solved. As usual I was trying to make it way harder than it is. I assumed it was a special part but the mechanism is the same as an ambulance door latch. So I robbed the piece I needed from an extra ambulance door latch and I am good to go.

Thanks all especially @3_puppies

IMG_4783.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom