For Sale ( SOLD ) AA 700r4 / turbo 350 to 10 spline adapter 1 3/4" wide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have what I believe is a AA 1 3/4 wide adapter for turbo 350 or 700r4 to a 10 spline case. EDIT ( In comments it has been decided that it would work for a 700r4 transmission also using a 700 4x4 shaft) Decided to put a 2f back in my 40. Believe I have everything including the bolts, gaskets and the front output yoke( no ujoint straps). The front output yoke shows some wear but I believe it's usable. Located Martin Tn. Asking $400 obo.

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5692 (1).jpg

IMG_5699 (1).jpg

IMG_5701 (1).jpg

IMG_5702 (1).jpg

Last edited:
@Downey would have the best idea on price point for that item.

Cripes, shows you what I know, I thought AA only made a 5"ish thick TH350 adapter, I don't think I've seen this 1 1/2" thick adapter. But it has to be 1,000 times better than a thicker adapter.

It looks like it would fit on the back of an old 4x4 short shaft 700r4. It would free up a lot of length overall if the front driveshaft cleared the tranny pan. Gots to have 4th if you plan on actually driving.

I believe mattcamp hit the nail on the head, you should offer it as a 700R4 adapter (buyer to use a 4WD output shaft), that way buyer gets a lower 1st gear and an O.D. high gear. Yes, buyer will need the smaller front universal joint (AA sells the whole smaller joint/flange kit). Note: even with the AA kit you have to dent-in the rear corner of the tranny oil pan- - -Warning, you can dent-in a TH350 oil pan almost 1", but if you dent-in a 700R4 oil pan more than about 1/4" you'll hit internal parts.

I bought a Fairey overdrive years ago. Only way the guy would sell it was with the Transfer case it was bolted to and a short adapter similar to this one. Mark @64swb45 may remember when I posted it. The seller claimed it was a 350 that was bolted to the adapter. He wanted me to buy the transmission as well but I didn't. The shaft for it was a hybrid that was full length to run the overdrive. Not even sure where it is anymore or pictures of it but it was short like this one. Thought it had AA on it but maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom