***SOLD*** '75 FJ40 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1975 FJ40 yellow with white top. 138490 miles. Mostly stock except 4"
lift, Weber carb and electronic ignition. New B.F. Goodrich All Terrains,
33x10.50x15. I bought it in Utah in 2003. Used it as my daily driver in
Colorado for 6 months, then brought it back to MO, where it has sat for the
past two years. The previous owner had a frame up restoration done on it
in '95. Runs great, but is beginning to need TLC. $6000.
FJ40 A.JPG
FJ 40 B.JPG
INSIDE REAR.JPG

Can you please provide additional info and pics to ssprings at pincongrp dot com? Do you know what type of lift? Does it have original drums up front or a disc conversion? Does it have a F or 2F?...etc.

Thanks.

Glad To

I'll send some pix your way this weekend.

Fulton, MO. Right in the middle of the state.

Pics please to info(@)4wdtoyotaowner.com

Can you elaborate what "needs TLC" means. Thanks!

Dave

TLC meaning it has some rust creeping into the usual spots that need to be taken care of. It's all minor at this point, but to let it go any further would be a shame as this is a solid rig.

Feel free to ask if anything else comes to mind.

Danuser
Left Rear.JPG
Rear Close.JPG
Side.JPG

Can you trailer part or to Indianapolis? if so, email us, we're looking to buy it.

Dave

Wow.. Mustard! (that is my old name for her)...

He bought it from me in '03 and I bought it from one of my best friends who bought it direct, restored, from TLC (tlc4x4.com).. He had it through about '01 when I bought it... It was a one owner California spec before then... It even had the original bill of sale and dozens of receipts (mostly Specter and Man-A-Fre) when I sold it to Dan...

Great truck, if it runs as good as it did then (sounds like it does) it was in perfect mechanical shape).. The rust was about the same as back then I figure, so really not too much worse.. Paint was very high quality, I think it would actually buff back to a shine pretty easily similar to pics posted below...

Looks nearly identical to how I sold it other than new tires.. It was a Pro Comp 4" that started sagging heavily and eventually broke a leaf in the front. I replaced with some sort of 2" over front springs, I can't remember what...

Great truck, I have dozens and dozens of photos of her from '03 and earlier... If anyone has questions PM me any time.. :beer:
interior_L.jpg
outside7.JPG
outside6.JPG

Also yes it has a '76-'78 era disk brake axle in the front with correct matching brake master cylinder.. It also has stock style-power steering-assist from a early 80's era FJ40/Mini Truck as well... Moved the 33's very well and not overbearingly... 2F with headers, the 32/36 Weber, Man-A-Fre coolant-powered heater riser kit. to combat negative effects/misfiring you can get from the headers in cold temps before engine is warm... The PO before me literally put probably over $10G-$15G easily in accessories and upgrades and some maintenance. Also, it was a California model, but the owner had emissions completely/professionally removed...

It spents its life in Maryland till owner moved out here in late 90's. It did live a couple years where we went to college in Burlington, Vermont.. But owner was very anal about truck (much to my dismay) and driving it in winter.. So it never saw any road salt except very occasionally by me here in Park City...

The only thing I ever did to is was I put in the electronic ignition, and I replaced the front springs.. Ignition was from I think a '78 Land Cruiser if I remember correctly.. I can't remember for sure.. I may have used a Crane-Cams style aftermarket electronic ignition.. But basically, points removed, both systems work very well. I kept the winch and off-road lights off of it... Here is another '03 era pic... It was a great and my favorite FJ40 I have ever owned, out of about 4 or 5...
DSCF0250.JPG

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks dieselcruiserhead! I knew there was SO much more to this cruiser than I could recall. I tried looking you up from old e-mails but wasn't able to.

It really has been my dream cruiser with virtualy everything I would want on one if I were to build one from scratch.

danuser

This truck is sold. Thanks to the IH8MUD Forum and to dieselcruiserhead who helped immensley in filling in all the blanks I had.

And thanks to the new owenr! I Believe it is going to a good home and will provide their family with many memories as 'Mustard' did with my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom