For Sale *SOLD* 1981 BJ42 Frame off Restored and barely driven For Sale in BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***EDIT, THIS TRUCK IS SOLD******
Hi All,

I am posting this for a friend, you can ask me questions, but it might take a while to get back to you as the guy selling is 71 years old and just asked me to circulate for him. I sold him the truck originally when I was in University I can tell you the truck was in really good shape with really low miles when I had it and he spent a lot of money on it to tediously restore it to probably better then new. Anyway his comments are below, and I have attached most of the pictures he has sent me. Enjoy and hopefully this truck gets a good home.

For sale ( January 2016 ) : a 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ42 [ 3B Diesel , 4-speed manual transmission ] hard top with sun roof . Reference attached photos .

This 1981 Land Cruiser BJ42 was purchased in May 2002 in Whonnock British Columbia . Approximately 6 months later , a complete frame-off restoration project was initiated and concluded in late 2007.

In the process of this restoration , key elements of this project included :
  1. A complete rebuild and refresh of the 3B diesel engine

2. Dipping of all body parts in a pickling bath ; any body parts requiring replacement were replaced [ no fiberglass or aluminum parts were used ]

3. Galvanizing of the frame , custom front and rear bumpers and rock sliders

4. New wiring

5. New door and glass moldings , replacement glass where necessary and roof liner

6. New drive shafts and suspension system [ Belton ] .. approximately a 1 ½ to 2 inch lift

7. Complete refresh of the interior and parts replacement [ seats , dash pad , belts etc. ]

8. Fresh undercoating and rhino lining the interior floor sections

9. New exterior light fixtures , lenses , badges and door handles

10. New 24V to 12V convertor 40 amp
Accessories :
  1. Dual batteries – optima blue top dark cases with battery disconnect

2. On board shower

3. Starter kill switch

4. Quik-air compressor and 2 gallon tank

5. Transit lock for an Engel fridge

6. Custom rear tire carrier , hi-lift jack and jerry can holder

7. 40 channel Cobra CB radio

8. Front and rear Detroit lockers

9. Toyota free-wheeling hubs

10. Interior lighting

11. Pintel hook

12. 5 Super Swamper Radial TSL tires [ 32x11.50R15 LT ]

13. 24V 8274 Warn winch

14. Cruiser is painted gun metal grey with black accents
General comments :

Since the complete restoration of the BJ42 in late 2007 , the vehicle has only been driven approximately 400 miles per year in the last 8 years . It has never been winter driven or off-road . The BJ42 is stored during the winter months in a heated garage [ November-April inclusive ] .

Sale price – 35,000.00 US ; the BJ42 is available for pickup only in Prince George BC .

Contact – Gerry Bolduc , gb.oforc@hotmail.com , 250-962-8059 ; I have clear title to this vehicle .
P1030165.JPG

P1030166.JPG

P1030168.JPG

Last edited:
Hi DTSkyCop,

The bumpers were custom built buy a heavy set guy that actually did the restoration on this truck, they are aluminum if I remember correctly. I don't think you can get them built anymore, as I think last I talked to Gerry he said he had past away unfortunately. He did have an eye for detail old big gord. ;)
"The bumpers were custom built buy a heavy set guy...passed away unfortunately" The best bumpers are made by heavy set guys, with no name...who are dead.

I think his name was Big Gord if I remember right, which I did post in my original post you quoted ;) You got to remember I am not the seller, just trying to help Gerry out to sell the rig, as he isn't a big Forum guy. If you have specific questions and are serious about buying the truck, feel free to send an email or give Gerry a call. Since this is now page two, here is the contact info again: Gerry Bolduc , gb.oforc@hotmail.com , 250-962-8059
Cheers,
Deny

I just updated this thread so people know, this truck is now sold to a good home in Colorado. Thanks all for looking and commenting.
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom