For Sale *SOLD* 1981 BJ42 Frame off Restored and barely driven For Sale in BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***EDIT, THIS TRUCK IS SOLD******
Hi All,

I am posting this for a friend, you can ask me questions, but it might take a while to get back to you as the guy selling is 71 years old and just asked me to circulate for him. I sold him the truck originally when I was in University I can tell you the truck was in really good shape with really low miles when I had it and he spent a lot of money on it to tediously restore it to probably better then new. Anyway his comments are below, and I have attached most of the pictures he has sent me. Enjoy and hopefully this truck gets a good home.

For sale ( January 2016 ) : a 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ42 [ 3B Diesel , 4-speed manual transmission ] hard top with sun roof . Reference attached photos .

This 1981 Land Cruiser BJ42 was purchased in May 2002 in Whonnock British Columbia . Approximately 6 months later , a complete frame-off restoration project was initiated and concluded in late 2007.

In the process of this restoration , key elements of this project included :
  1. A complete rebuild and refresh of the 3B diesel engine

2. Dipping of all body parts in a pickling bath ; any body parts requiring replacement were replaced [ no fiberglass or aluminum parts were used ]

3. Galvanizing of the frame , custom front and rear bumpers and rock sliders

4. New wiring

5. New door and glass moldings , replacement glass where necessary and roof liner

6. New drive shafts and suspension system [ Belton ] .. approximately a 1 ½ to 2 inch lift

7. Complete refresh of the interior and parts replacement [ seats , dash pad , belts etc. ]

8. Fresh undercoating and rhino lining the interior floor sections

9. New exterior light fixtures , lenses , badges and door handles

10. New 24V to 12V convertor 40 amp
Accessories :
  1. Dual batteries – optima blue top dark cases with battery disconnect

2. On board shower

3. Starter kill switch

4. Quik-air compressor and 2 gallon tank

5. Transit lock for an Engel fridge

6. Custom rear tire carrier , hi-lift jack and jerry can holder

7. 40 channel Cobra CB radio

8. Front and rear Detroit lockers

9. Toyota free-wheeling hubs

10. Interior lighting

11. Pintel hook

12. 5 Super Swamper Radial TSL tires [ 32x11.50R15 LT ]

13. 24V 8274 Warn winch

14. Cruiser is painted gun metal grey with black accents
General comments :

Since the complete restoration of the BJ42 in late 2007 , the vehicle has only been driven approximately 400 miles per year in the last 8 years . It has never been winter driven or off-road . The BJ42 is stored during the winter months in a heated garage [ November-April inclusive ] .

Sale price – 35,000.00 US ; the BJ42 is available for pickup only in Prince George BC .

Contact – Gerry Bolduc , gb.oforc@hotmail.com , 250-962-8059 ; I have clear title to this vehicle .
P1030165.JPG

P1030166.JPG

P1030168.JPG

Last edited:
And a few he sent from late in the frame off restoration.
DSCF0022.JPG

DSCF0023.JPG
DSCF0024.JPG

DSCF0025.JPG

The last two I have. The only other thing he told me that is not in the write up is that he could have gotten vintage plates for it but was rejected because the colors weren't original. And knowing Gerry he did not hold back on cost (pretty sure he has a lot more into it then the asking price and I even told him he should ask more, but he said he'd like it to sell sooner then later and wants to make sure it goes to a good home) to make sure this thing was as perfect to what he wanted as possible. I would have no problem jumping in this thing and driving it to the other side of the continent, pretty sure he has every little last thing working on it.
DSCF0026.JPG

DSCF0028.JPG

Nice cruiser! Any full interior and underside pics?

Hi Mike, this is all he sent me, I am sure there might be a few guys from the Coastal Crusiers that might have pictures of underside as he brought it out to Cruiser Days a few years after he finished the resto and it won Best in Show. If you want any specific pics please let me know exactly which ones, as I think he gave quite a few that should show you what it looks like, but I can contact him to take some more as he says it is in his heated garage right now. But dude being 71 might be grumpy and not sure how often he gets to his computer, so might take me a while to get. Feel free to send him email direct as it has is contact info on the original post.
Cheers,
Deny

I just found a bunch of pics my buddy Martin sent me a while back of the Cruiser days event in 2009 when this Cruiser won Best in Show:
100_3042.JPG

100_3043.JPG

100_3044.JPG

Will post more as I find them in my computer, think there are some inside and underside pics. Truck got a lot of attention when it was at the show.

Interesting interior light. Cool looking rig!

Hope he gets what he wants!

wow man - nice rig

Hi All,

Just heard back from the seller, he said he's had a few interested people and a few of the common questions which he wanted me to point out, is yes it has front disks (81 BJ42's had that stock), and yes he did install a factory power steering unit (83 is when the BJ42's started getting them as a stock option). You can actually see the power steering pump and reservoir in a few of the engine pics above.
Cheers,

Beautiful rig... What kind of bumpers you have on that thing..? Love that rear bumper especially... I know it says "custom" but is there anywhere to buy something like that?? GLWS, someone is going to be VERY LUCKY for sure...

Hi DTSkyCop,

The bumpers were custom built buy a heavy set guy that actually did the restoration on this truck, they are aluminum if I remember correctly. I don't think you can get them built anymore, as I think last I talked to Gerry he said he had past away unfortunately. He did have an eye for detail old big gord. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom