For Sale SOLD - 1980 FJ40 US Spec “Sunny” 44kmi PS, PB, A/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(229, 255, 0)
I purchased two years ago from a IH8MUD member (look up “Sunny the 1979”) after an extensive 6 mo search. Sunny is a US spec FJ40, with power steering, power brakes, and original dealer installed air conditioning. Built Sept 1979, is a 1980 MY.
She has been a joy to own and drive as my daily driver. Fully reliable, and drives like new.
Since ownership, all maintenance has been performed trough TrollHole’s cruisers, feel free to contact Marshal as he knows the car well. In fact, last week when I had the new rear brakes adjusted, the mechanic commented about how great it drives, and said Sunny was one of only two vehicles he has ever driven that rides so well he’d actually consider as a daily driver. She starts right up, idles and runs perfectly, the sniper efi is pretty sweet.
Sunny has been completely gone through, needs nothing, everything works, and drives like new. Believed to be original miles, and Texas car, as stated by the previous owner, Sunny drives at 65-70mph on the freeway with no effort and perfectly straight .
Completely stock and original except: sniper efi upgrade, old man emu lift, 33” ko2s, stereo, and reupholstered seats.
Since I have owned, I have completed the following:
- Reupholstered front seats (have the originals)
- Kenwood stereo, Polk speakers, mini box sub
- new 33x10.50 bfgoodrich ko2s
- all new weatherstripping
- new emu shackle bushings
- new interior mats
- parking brake rebuild
- transfer case fluid
- front wheel bearings
- new front bumper (old one was black, I do still have)
- a/c Freon recharge, and complete inpection and address any leaks - a/c system works flawlessly and COLD
- rear brake pads, springs, cylinder rebuilds
- I’m sure there are other items I’m forgetting, and I have the original carb and smog stuff.
I can provide the full list of the maintenance that was done by previous owner as I have a lot of records and receipts going back over 20+ years.
Also have original owners manual, owners guide and service manual, and dealer installed a/c manual.

NO RUST, except a couple locations with a small “bubble” in paint. Car was repainted over 20+ years ago. I was searching for a “non repaint / restored” vehicle as to eliminate any hidden rust issues. This vehicle has none except where noted and I will provide pictures.

I am looking to sell for what I have into the vehicle, while she is worth more, I feel that is fair and I do not need to sell.

Price: $52,000

Please give me some time to post pictures. I added some from today after a quick wash. I’m learning you can only post 5 at a time..More to come. Thanks

IMG_4104.jpeg

IMG_3511.jpeg

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice 40, in a great color. That, however, is not factory Toyota AC. If it works great, that’s all that matters. Good luck with you sale.

All right folks, Sunny’s headed to BaT. Last call to all the ih8mud members and guests…
Thank you again, appreciate all the interest.
Feel free to message me if your wanting any specific pics, videos, or information as I have them all ready to go!

All right folks, Sunny’s headed to BaT. Last call to all the ih8mud members and guests…
Thank you again, appreciate all the interest.
Feel free to message me if your wanting any specific pics, videos, or information as I have them all ready to go!
Messaged you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom